Heartbeat - Chapter 17

Part 17

Zain's P.O.V

For the past hour I was waking back and forth in my room. Even the workout session didn't cool me down from within. Nor did the Mac and cheese Maurine had made me. Anger boiled within me! But why, what did I care. Was I jealous? "Pffft" I said throwing the magazine on my bed and standing in front of the mirror. "What the heck does Mike think of himself, I could get any girl I want, not like he can" I said modelling my smirk in the mirror. Why did she have to go out with him, he's bad news. I looked at the clock, it was 5.30. That means he's probably not at her house yet. "I think I should pay Amber a visit" I smirked to myself in the mirror. I ran downstairs, while throwing on a black sweatshirt and opened the garage door. "I've missed you baby" I said getting on my yellow Harley Davidson.

Amber's P.O.V

"You're what!!!!!!" shrieked Amber. "It's just coffee" I replied back. Did I even want to go? Of course you don't Tasha, I thought to myself. I sighed and fell down on her bed. "He had a fight.......with Zain and you're all buddy buddy with him" Amber said slowly. "Wait, you're not even excited" She said and looked at me confused. "are you sure you even want to go" She asked my arching an eyebrow. "No!, no, I mean yes I am excited, No I don't want to go" I said excepting defeat. "Then why?" She asked. "Just" I answered. I didn't even know the answer to that myself.

"His here" I heard Gran yelled. I looked up at Amber and she smiled. I brushed my hair and ran down stairs only to find Zain sitting on the couch. "Hey beautiful" He said as he stood up. "Hi" I replied back, "Oh, Tasha honey, I was speaking to Amber" He said as he walked past me towards Amber. "Shall we go" He said to her. I looked at Amber confused and a bit hurt. Were they going out? Is that why she didn't want to go with Mike? I shook my head, what did it matter to me even if they were. "I have a better idea" Zain said as I met his gaze. Why did it feel like we was up to something. "Tasha has a date and we should totally double date, I know she won't mind" He added. "Well, I don't...." I was about to protest when I was cut of by Amber. "Of course she won't, right baby sis". "Well, I'm going to washroom" Zain added and walked off. "Don't worry Tash, at least you will be comfortable now, and then even if he does ask for another date, just reject" Amber added a smile and walked back upstairs. Was she trying to help? Was she helping? I don't know, but I got the feeling this was going to be a long night.            

I was about to go after her, when I heard a knock on the door. "I'll get it" Zain shouted as he rushed towards the door and opened it only to find a shocked Mike at the other end. "Zain, what are you doing here" Mike asked. "Eh, is this you house? No, so you don't get to ask me that question" Zain replied. "Mike, come in" I said tip toeing behind Zain. "Thanks Tasha" He replied. "It's Natasha" Zain growled at him. What was his problem?

"So, Tasha, You ready" Mike smirked at Zain. Maybe I should just tell her that we were just going to have coffee and it's not a date, some how I feel guilty. "Erm, let me just go get Amber" I said to him and ran up the stairs before he could say something. "What! Amber" I heard Mike yell as I climbed the stairs.

Zain's P.O.V

 "It's Natasha" I growled at Mike. What the flip man, She's my Tasha not his. I mean my friend Tasha. Doesn't she remember what he did to her? She forgives so easily. But Him what a d*ckhead! "So Tasha, you ready" He said addressing Tasha but looking me in the eye and smirking. Oh How I would wipe that smirk off his face, but I can't because I've promised Tasha I wouldn't do anything 'violent'. "Erm, let me just go get Amber" Tasha said running up the stairs. Oh looks like its my time to smirk! "What! Amber" Mike shouted throwing his hands up in the air. "Yea, were double dating, didn't Tasha tell you" I said to him and chuckled. "Double what.... oh date erm, she said that" Mike said confused. "I guess we can call it a date" he added. Wait! It's not a date! Of course it isn't its only 6 O clock! "Date at starbucks right" I asked rhetorically. "Yea Starbucks..wait no, er" Mike said with confusion. "It's not a date is it" I tried to suppress my happiness. Of course it wasn't Tasha would never go out with HIM. He's a jerk and a player. Wait I used to be like that. Yea USED to be like that. I'm not, not anymore. But what changed? "Dude don't have a senti moment here" I whispered to my self.

"It's not a date!" Amber exclaimed." No wonder she hasn't dressed up" she added. To think of it, she was wearing the clothes she wore at uni. "lets go" Tasha said coming down the stairs. I looked up at her. Maybe she needed a laugh. She looked tired and cute and beautiful and... "Dude, stop it" I whispered to myself shaking my head. "You know what, lets call the rest of the gang" I said looking over to Tasha, she smiled at me. "Erm Tasha, is it okay if I speak to you for a sec" Mike butted in before she could answer. GOD I hate that guy!! "Sure" Tasha replied and lead him to the kitchen. I was happy due to that fact that she didn't take him upstairs. Why did that bother me? Did I like her? What? What? What?