«The Girl in the Striped Pajamas»

The one movie that made me cry, the one book that made me cry. Now, it is your turn.

Reader of the Chapter|@Lazilydarkdestiny

Quote of the Chapter| "Nose bleeds fill me with determination." ~Me 2016

•July 30,1942•

Young Adrien had left his new home that they had moved to after his father swore to fight with the Fury.

He was roaming around away from his house on an adventure. Carrying two of his toy airplanes. Nazi symbols embedded in the wings.

Adrien hadn't notice how far he walked until he saw a large fence. When he went to check it out some more he saw a girl inside wearing odd pajamas.

"Hello?" Adrien called out for the girl beyond the fence. She jumped as she turned towards him.

"Oh, hello." She sighed deprived as her jet black hair flustered past her eyebrows.

"What are you doing?" Adrien asked as she continued to pile boulders in a wheel barrel.

"Working." She spoke as she lifted one almost the size as her.

"Who are you?" Adrien furrowed his brows as he walked closer to the fence.

"Mar-" The girl was cut off by the blow of a whistle.

"I'm sorry I have to go!" She started to lift the wheelbarrow.

"Wait! Who are you!" Adrien called pressing his small eight year old hands on the fence.

"Marinette!" She yelled as she rushed away along with everyone in pajamas.

•~•

Adrien sat by the fence with chocolate bars in hand, he awaited the same girl as yesterday.

Then she returned with the wheelbarrow and her pajamas.

"You again?" She asked raising a brow, as she set the wheelbarrow down.

"Marinette correct?" Adrien asked as he pulled out a chocolate bar.

"Correct, know who are you Mr.Annoying." Marinette walked by the fence and sat across the border.

"Adrien. Why do you wear those pajamas?" Little Adrien asked as slide chocolate to her.

"Because the soldiers make us." Marinette then looked down at the silver wrapping. Adrien patiently waited as his shoes hit one another.

"Well aren't you going to eat it?" Adrien  laughed slightly as he pointed to the chocolate.

"What is it?" Marinette picked up the wrapped goodness.

Adrien mouth gaped,"Chocolate, you haven't had it before?"

"No, but it won't be for long." Marinette giggled as she stuffed her face with the chocolate sugaryness.

"How old are you?" Adrien pulled out a chocolate bar of his own, and started to munch.

"8, I was born on April 15, 1934." Marinette licked her fingers clean from the sugar bomb.

"I don't believe it." Adrien smiled as he scooted closer to the fence line.

"Why?" Marinette snapped as she glared at the young blonde.

"That's my birthday too!" He snickered as he smiled brilliantly at her.

The whistle blew once again. Awaiting everyone from its hold.

"I'm sorry that's my signal!" Marinette frowned as she quickly threw some rocks in the wheelbarrow and zoomed away.

"Bye, Marinette." Adrien sighed as he would return home.

•~•

"Adrien, go to the kitchen, I have a surprise for you little one." Gabriel Agreste laughed as he gently poked his sons nose.

"Really!" Adrien gasped as he ran straight into the other room.

But, Adrien hadn't been expecting her to be there.

"Adrien!" Marinette gasped as she smirks pausing from cleaning the hundreds of glasses.

"Marinette!" Adrien ran up to her and hugged her.

"Why are you in my home?" Adrien asked without applying.

"Small hands,small glasses!" She smiled as she returned to clean the filth.

"Marinette!" A stern voice belonging to one of the Fury's soldiers engulfed.

"Yes,Uhm...Sir!" Marinette stumbled as Adrien took a step away from her.

"Get back to work." He grumbled as he grabbed Adrien's forearm violently dragging him to his Father.

•~•

Adrien knew now that everything he'd been doing with Marinette was wrong. Their worlds were completely separate and he couldn't live with it.

So they planned something to save her newly missing father.

"Marinette! I'm here." Adrien whispered getting the girls attention.

"I started the tunnel hurry up!" She yelled as the kept digging, trying to make a makeshift manhole.

"I can fit, stop digging." Adrien murmured as he grabbed the extras pair of pajamas Marinette had brought.

He slipped on the awful odorous clothing. "Bleh, were this washed yet?"

"I'm pretty sure nothing gets washed." Marinette frowned as Adrien started to slip under the fence.

"Let's go search for my pa." Marinette held back tears as she grabbed his hand and ran towards the boring concrete building.

The two would run around for a while hopeless until some soldiers came up to the two.

"You two, head to quadrant 4, for a 'shower.'" The man snickered as the confused youngsters did what they were told.

Adrien and Marinette nodded confused, and began to walk in a line full of hundreds of other people.

The two tried to stick together by clutching their small hands together. Until the were shoved in a room without window and a sealed door, packed so no one could move.

"Adrien!" Marinette cried as she hugged her friend. Adrien hugged back, as something fell into the room, clouding it with green smoke.

"Y-You're my best friend..." Adrien coughed violently seeing some men and women collapse.

"Friends forever?" Marinette continued hugging him as more and more dropped.

"Forever." The two joined the others with collapsing into the floor, they remained holding hands, still looking at each other. For what it seemed like eternity.

Not everything was dead out of the book, but with a classical spin off done by me.