"Joe, you better be careful before you do anything that you'll regret because Alyssa, oh, she's mine," he hissed through the phone.

"Who is this?"

"You better stay away from her," he threatened.

"You better tell me who the hell you are," I shot back, my voice rising with anger.

"Tell Alyssa that her boyfriend, Cole, says hi." He said before I heard the dial tone on the other end.

I looked at her phone in disbelief as I lowered it from my ear, pressing the red button, ending the call.

She has a boyfriend?

"Joe?" The door opened with a creak, making me look up. Then there she was. Standing in the doorway with a worried expression on her face.

"Who was that?" She said as she glanced down at her phone in my hand.

"It was," I paused for a second before I looked down at her phone in my hand. "Zoë, it was Zoë." I lied.

"You didn't tell her about what happened, right?"

"No, god no. I told her that you fell asleep here and you forgot to call her, telling her that you changed your mind." I continued on the lie, feeling guilty afterwards as she flashed me a gorgeous smile.

I pursed my lips together and rested my back against a pillow as she crawled into the bed beside me, her head resting on my shoulder, our fingers interlocked together on my lap.

This is wrong.

You don't think I know that?

She has a boyfriend.

I know that.

This is wrong and you know it. Just leave her alone.

I can't.

Why not?

Because I'm falling in love with her.

ALYSSA DEYES' POV
My eyes fluttered open as I let out a yawn, stretching out my arms in either direction only to have them collide with something, or someone.

I looked to my left to see Joe's bare back facing me as he sat on the edge of the bed, on his phone. I frowned as I remembered exactly what happened the previous night as I looked at the ceiling, unsure of what to do, unsure of what to say.

"Hey," Joe's voice broke me from my thoughts. I turned to look at him as he stared at me, a soft smile on his lips.

"Hey," I echoed, unable to look him in the eye.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked carefully.

"Pretty good, considering everything that happened last night," I replied as I willed myself to sit up.

"I was just uh about to take a shower but do you want to go first?" He asked quietly as he looked at me.

"Yeah sure," I said as I got up from the bed. Neither of saying a single word as he handed me a towel. I smiled slightly before I exited the room, only to come face to face with Caspar.