The energy shifted, and Wanda looked over her shoulder, to where everyone began to walk out. They were getting on the jet, which meant it was time.

Without looking at Pietro, Wanda started walking off, but he sped by her, stopping in front of her.

"I'll be careful," he told her, grabbing her hands. His hair was getting long again, and even his beard was beginning to show. It made him look so much older than he actually was. It made him look like their father.

"If you die on me again, I will bring you back to life, and kill you myself."

His silver hair swept over his eyes as he began to chuckle—a deep laugh that sounded loving and sad all at once.

They were off to battle together once again, and all she wanted was to return with him by her side—alive.

___

"Sir, your suit is ready. Will that be all?" Jarvis' hologram glowed behind Tony as he threw off his jacket. Jarvis had prepared Tony's most sufficient suit, and all that was left to do was get inside of it and leave.

"No, you're good to go. Tonight is going to be a busy one, so I'll need you on your best game. You got that, buddy?"

"Of course, Sir."

Tony walked over to the center of the room and straightened his shoulders. "Alright, buddy. Let's suit up."

His suit came up from beneath, the pieces slowly latching onto him.

When he was fully suited, he walked back over to his computer and stared at the blueprints Trask had sent him. Tony had the final piece figured out, and if Trask was using the self-aware Sentinels instead of the others, then that meant that Trask hadn't figured out the blueprints yet.

That was good.

Tony, and the rest of the team, would put their faith in Steve and Natasha. They were in charge of disabling the control button that powered up the self-aware Sentinels. They were the ones who would finish this.

"Jarvis, get me Pepper on the phone."

"Yes, Sir."

He walked out of his lab and down the steps. His living room was completely empty, and as the Jarvis dialed Pepper for him, Tony thought of taking a little vacation after this. He hadn't seen Pepper in weeks, and he missed her. He missed her a lot.

"Tony?" her voice filled his suit, and he stopped walking for a moment, embracing the sound of her. "Tony, are you there?"

"Yeah," he answered. "Yeah, I'm here."

"It's late over there, what are you doing up?"

The sound of the engine startled him, and he sat down on the stairs for a moment, listening to Pepper's breathing.

"I kind of miss you," he told her, and her laughter set his anxious nerves back in place. Even without trying, she always managed to calm him down.

"Well then, I kind of miss you too. When can I go back home? Don't get me wrong, Europe is beautiful, but, I'd much rather be at home with you."

"If things work out today, I'll have you on a plane by tomorrow."

"If?" she asked, the tone of her voice growing concerned. "Tony, please tell me you'll be safe."

He stood, descending back down the stairs to meet up with the others.

He took a pause before answering, because he would be going out and risking his life to protect the people close to him. Keeping the twins safe was always part of the plan, but as he turned the corner to head out, he caught a glimpse of the young twins, standing together outside of the jet.