25: Enjoy Yourself (Part 1)

Alessandra quietly walks up from behind the couch, where Michael and Anton were watching television. "Tom and Jerry" just happened to be showing on Cartoon Network. Alessandra clears her throat and says, "Michael?"

Michael turns around and sees Alessandra. "Hey," he says nonchalantly, then turns back to the TV. Anton is the least bit distracted, watching every waking moment of the cartoon.

Monette is watching them as she stands by the sliding glass doors.

"You got a minute?" Alessandra asked sheepishly.

"Yeah, sure." Michael gets up, smiling at Anton. Michael and Alessandra go upstairs while Monette joins Anton on the couch. Michael follows Alessandra and quietly shuts the bedroom door behind him, curious to what Alessandra has to say.

"Michael? Gee... Where do I begin?" She paces, while Michael is still quiet. "Once again, I wanna thank you for everything you done. This trip...everything. You really didn't have to do this."

"I wanted to." Michael said gently despite the impression of contempt from earlier.

"But...alright...let me spit it out. I know you've been wondering about you and me..."

"Yeah?" Michael takes a step closer.

Before Alessandra talks, she takes a seat on the bed. Michael joins her. "You are like a best friend, damn near close to a brother, but yet you are the kindest, most romantic yet sexiest man to ever walk this planet and—"

Michael's mouth slightly opens, waiting for her to continue.

"I normally don't have to many male friends, and I normally don't think of them this way. And I've been giving this—us, some thought for a minute now." She takes both his hands and looks into his eyes. "So...Michael Joseph Jackson... I wanna be your girl. I love spending every day, every hour, every second with you...I know it sounds corny as all hell and I don't know what took me so long to realize that you-- always been there for me when push came to shove, from then to now. And I want you, Michael. I want you in my life, Michael. Right here, right now."

Michael's mouth goes agape. He brightens up, feeling a weight lifting off of him. "Really Ali?" He lets out a chuckle of relief.

"Really." Alessandra confirms with a smile.

"So I guess it's official now. You're my girl." Michael puts his arms around her waist.

"And you're my man, baby." Alessandra moves in and the two of them share a brief but passionate kiss.

Michael then separates from her lips. "Mmm...it's got a ring to it. Say it again, babe."

"You...are...my...man," she professes between pecks.

"Damn babe, even our kissing feels better." Michael bounces like a happy boy scout receiving his badge of honor.

Alessandra smiles, shaking her head and kissing Michael on the lips once more.

"Girl," Michael said in between kisses, "I don't know...what the hell...took you so damn...long. We shoulda done this shit like twenty-five chapters ago."

"Good things come to those who wait," Alessandra recites the proverb, pecking him once more.

Michael lowers her down onto the bed, leaning over her. "True...but damn it girl, you almost made me burst. I think we should celebrate."

"Lunch? At dinner? Champagne, what?" Alessandra asked with gleeful curiosity.

"Well, we could either skip that or I could have you for lunch-" Michael kisses her again with a mischievous grin.