58

Katara

"I love you. Don't marry him please." He kneals down and wraps his arms around my legs.

"Taehyung...." I sigh and gently push him off me.

He stands up. "Katara, think about it. You have been forgiving him for years, even though he didn't deserve it."

I sigh and move to the window and sit in the seat. It's just me, Taehyung, and the kids here. Everyone else went to get pizza and beer, so we can have something to eat before I have to preform at the club tonight.. Taehyung came after they left. "Taehyung, he's the father of my children, and I love him." I stand up and face him.

"No you don't, it's just false love because he's Lydiette and Jamari's dad!" He punches the wall beside me. I step back. "I'm sorry Kat." He sinks to his knees and burries his face in his hands. "So sorry."

I sigh. "The others will be back soon."

"DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT KATARA!!!!" He yells.

I flinch and the kids wake up and cry. I hear the door open but I don't care. I shoot him a glare. "Get out!"

"Kat-" He reaches for me.

I move away. "I SAID GET OUT!"

He hesitates but eventually grabs his jacket and leaves.

I pick up the kids and do the knee thing while singing a lullaby from a Barbie movie. "Constant as the stars above. Always know that you are loved. And my love shining in you. Will help you make your dreams come true. Will help your dreams come true. The lamb lies down and rests it's head. On its mother's downy bed. Dolphin plays in the moonlight's glow. And butterfly dreams of a violet rose. Dreams of a violet rose. I'll cradle you in my arms tonight. As sun embraces the moonlight. The clouds will carry us off tonight. Our dreams will run deep like the sea. Our dreams will run deep like the sea. Constant as the stars above. Always know that you are loved. And my love shining in you. Will help you make your dreams come true. Will help your dreams come true."

They drift to sleep and I sigh in relief. Calum helps me take them downstairs and put them to bed.

I feel his gaze on me. I turn to him. "What?"

"What was that all about?" He sits on our bed.

I sigh and sit next to him. "Well..." I look at the ground.

"Babe?" Calum puts his finger under my chin and turns me so I look at him.

I hug him and let myself cry. He pulls me to him and he lays his head on the pillows. I burry my face in his chest. "He siad he loved me." I say, barley audible.

"Hmm?" He looks down at me.

"He said he loved me!" I whisper/shout, sitting up.

"Oh." He sits up too.

"I'm sorry Calum." I burry my face in my hands and fall back on the bed.

"It's not your fault." He lays next to me and pulls my hands away from my face. He hovers over me.

"Hi."

He giggles. "You're so cute."

"I'm what now?" I'm suprised by this sudden affection.

He giggles again. "You're cute."

"Ok?"

He full on laughs and kisses me. My eyes widen but, eventually, I kiss back. I tug at the hem of his shirt and he lets me pull it off.

"Kat, Calum! Oh, shit, sorry." Luke covers his eyes.

I sigh and roll my eyes and Calum puts his shirt back on.

"What do you want Hemmings?" Calum sighs, standing up.

"Kendall said we have a few hours until we, meaning you, me, Ash, and Michael, have to leave or go with them. And the others need to eat and get ready."

I nod. "Thanks Hemmings."

He nods. "Sorry again." He leaves.

I shoo Calum out of my room and get dressed.