8

Calum

I replay the events in my mind.

"Goodbye Calum." She gets into her car.

"Wait I didn't mean-"

She glares at me. "Do you understand how I fucking feel! About my brother's band? People are afraid to date me because of it."

"Look I know how you feel-"

"Ha! Just so you know, Calum! Me and the boys, we were fine just being normal people from Minnesota. Hell! I even had a boyfriend. But then one little audition, one little measly adventure, changed it all. We helped a producer, who was slowly losing his fame, while trying to make a name for ourselves. I wrote alllll their songs. I was finally happy! I had friends! I liked this movie star and he liked me. Then what happened? One Direction and your band comes along! Then the record company cuts us loose. Now, Carlos ran off and got married in Mexico. Logan and Kendall work at a smoothie bar, and James tries to keep his fame. But it's hard for him without his friends. The boys had no accents, no instruments, nothing eye-catching, but they still made it. You don't understand how that feels. You will never understand!" She starts her car and drives off.

I rub my face and sit up. It's been a few months since the incident but the pain is still fresh. She's been dating Harry for three weeks and he treats her so bad I just wanna scream.

I even walked around her neighborhood, asking if anyone knew where she was. No one knew.

I pick up my guitar and do the only thing I know how to do when upset: right a new song.

About halfway through it, someone knocks on my door. I stop playing immediately.

"Cal?" Michael's voice traveled through my closed door. "I heard your song. It's really good."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. But it bummed us out." Luke, Michael and Ashton poke their heads in.

"That wasn't my goal." I sigh.

Ash sits next to me. "Where did you come up with these lyrics. I can't remember the last time I saw your face. I feel so lonely when I'm in a crowded space. You left me without direction."

Michael shakes his head. "Don't you think you're being a little over dramatic?." Luke hits the back of his head.

Michael pouts. "Well, no Muke time for Lukey." Luke rolls his eyes as a response.

I shrug. "It could be a hit."

Ashton nods. "Come on, let's make this a hit!" He smiles. "Cal you finish the song. We'll figure out how to make sure she knows it's about her." Ashton ushers them out.

I sigh and continue writing the song.

*time jump*

Ashton contacted our agent and she set up a recording session. She was suprised I wrote a new song so quickly.

"Okay Calum, you record first and then we'll add the others in next go." She hits the record button. I take a deep breath.

I can't remember the last time I saw your face
I feel so lonely when I'm in a crowded space
You left me without direction

'Cause I've been from place to place
Trying to bring you back
I've walked for days and days
'Cause I can't face the fact
That nothing is better than you

I'm coming because I need to find you
Is anybody there who can rescue
Somebody like me?
'Cause I'm just waiting
For somebody like you
Somebody like you

Without you I'm a lost boy
Come find me I'm a lost boy
'Cause without you I'm a lost boy.

I can't remember the last time I heard your voice
I'm sat in silence living in a world of noise
'Cause you were perfection-

I start crying. I run out. "I can't do it. Not now." I run out of the building.

I pace and tug my hands through my tangled hair. I get out my phone and scroll through the contacts until I find the right one. I press call before I can change my mind. It rings for a little bit.

"H-Hello?" She sounded like she's been crying. I hope Harry didn't hurt her.

"Hey Katara." I smile, even though she can't see.

"C-Calum?!"