44

Katara

I'm upstairs, waiting for the thermometer to go off.

James has been throwing up and running a fever for a few days. Nicole has come over to see him almost all the time. She can't come over often because she has to work.

Blake and Nicole are waitresses at the Starbucks downtown.

Blake has been begging me to apply for a job there. But with Lydiette and Jamari on the way.........

No one knows the kids's names except me and Calum. We just chose them about an hour ago.

The thermometer goes off and I take it out of James's mouth. "One hundred and three."

He groans and coughs.

I sigh and go to the bathroom. I get a washcloth, run water over it, ring it out, go back to his room, and put it on his forehead.

"Try to get some sleep. You're not going anywhere." I kiss his head and go to leave.

"Hey, Kat?"

I turn around. "Hmm?"

"You'll make a great mom."

I smile. "Get some rest." I turn off his light and close his door.

I go downstairs and lay on the couch. I let out a sigh.

It's just me and James here. Blake and Nicole are at work. Logan and Kendall are working at the smothie bar. Calum, Luke, Michael and Ashton are at some gig.

I have to wear these, suprisingly comfortable, maternity clothes until the babies are born. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

I'm wearing this really cute blue dress with my boots. I'm about three and a half months along. Five and a half to go........ I think.

My phone rings. I look around for it.

Ugh! It's on the other side of the room.

I try getting up.

I sigh, falling back down. It can wait.

Eventually, it stops ringing.

I sigh in relief and fall asleep.

✴✴✴

I'm woken up about an hour later by banging on the door.

I get up and open the door.

I'm greeted by two police officers.

"Sorry to disturb you, ma'am, but we got a call from a Calum Hood saying his fiancé wasn't answering her phone and he thought she was cutting and killed herself. He said this was her house." The blond one speaks.

"Oh! Well, I was just asleep and didn't hear the phone. There's no need to worry." I yawn.

"Oh, well, sorry to disturb you, ma'am." They leave.

I sigh and close the door.

I grab my phone and sit on the couch. I call Calum.

He answers immediately.

I have to hold my phone away from my ear, he's so loud.

Calum: KATARA! WHAT THE HELL? WHY DIDN'T YOU ANSWER YOUR DAMN PHONE!?