"Matty, Y/N come on! We can barely see you guys at this point!" Mrs. Harris yelled from far away and it made you and Matty wrap your arms around each other again and fight the chance against the mud to get up to the rest of the group, the two of you panting lightly when you finally ended up with the rest of them again.

"Now everyone we're getting deeper into the forest which means that the mud will be deeper and stickier. We're heading where there haven't been made any walking trails so we never know if we'll end down in a hole. I suggest we all grab a partner or two and make sure we won't fall. Just like Matty and Y/N does." Mrs. Harris explained and pointed towards you and Matty, all eyes on you now. You nodded your head agreeing and tightened your arm around Matty's when you started to walk again.

"Brittany I told you to grab a partner!" Mrs. Harris yelled when she looked behind to see her walk a little bit further away from her two best friends and she looked up with a puzzled look.

"Fine!" She said almost grumpy and she looked to her right before she smirked in delight and hooked her arms around Luke who appeared to walk next to her. "Got it." She said with a smile and Mrs. Harris nodded her head accepting before her eyes glanced back to the road in front of her.

"God, he was at the wrong place at the wrong time." Matty commented by Brittany's act and you nodded your head and furrowed your eyebrows when he started to crack up laughing by something she had said. "I swear if you had ended up sharing a tent with her I would protest and sneak you into my tent. I don't think Ryan would mind." He kept on talking but you weren't listening to anything he was saying, just keeping your eyes on Luke and Brittany talking the life out of each other, looking like a pair of friends who had known each other for years.

"Y/N, are you even listening?"

"Huh?" You asked and looked up to see Matty was already staring at you with curious eyes and you glanced back at Luke and Brittany. "Sure. You're sharing a tent with Kennedy and he wouldn't mind if I stayed at your tent."

"Ryan, Y/N. Not Kennedy. He's not even in our math class." He corrected and you looked up at him with a puzzled look. "Sure." You responded and looked back ahead of you and Matty's eyes glanced the same direction. "Is something bothering you?"

You shook your head by his question and kept on staring in the air, clearly not being in presence of what you were doing and all clouded up in your mind while you walked. There was a stinging feeling appearing in your stomach and even though you tried to avoid thinking about it, it kept on being there and irritated you.

"You just seem distracted or something."

"I'm not distracted-" You stopped in track by a squeal leaving your lips and you fell at least 20 centimeters down into a hole, grabbing onto Matty arm tighter than ever to prevent you falling further down into the mud hole.

"Holy shit, I think we found our first victims." He laughed by your frightened reaction and tried with all the strength he had to pull you up from the whole but you were clear stuck, both of your rubber boots covered in mud. It was luck that the hole weren't deeper than right at the top of the rubber boots so they wouldn't get filled with any mud.

"You can't be fucking serious!" You mumbled under your breath and wrapped your arms around Matty's neck, trying to help him with pulling you up but you were clear useless and he tried again with all his strength to pull you up but failed.

"Well, it was nice knowing you Y/N." He exclaimed and let go of you, taking small steps to leave you but when you started to swear profanities at him he looked over his shoulder with his tongue sticking out. "Matty Jordan Alexander McGarry, if you leave mere here in this mud pool I will fucking kill you when I get out of this."

The Math Teacher // Luke Hemmingsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें