Chapter 26: Leverage

Hey,
Thanks for reading.
Please vote and comment.
Enjoy,
Annabelle_the_reader
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter Pan was powerful.

Peter Pan was unstoppable.

And now, Peter Pan was turning himself in for me.

I opened my mouth to scream at them, but was somewhat sabotaged from my own rescue mission by Captain Hook's voice from down below on the deck, 'Did you hear something, Smee? Charlie? Anyone catch that?'

I froze, my heart rate elated. There was a loud laugh coming from the top of the mask and all heads rose to stare astonished at Pan, his knife clicked open and smirking, walking over to the beam which was supporting me. He stopped right before he could release me and turned to face Captain Hook, 'Well, well, well. Long time no see, Hook.'

Hook's breath hitched and he turned, slowly. His eyes narrowed as they reached Peter Pan's, thirsty for his blood and eager to stab his sword into his heart.

As Pan reached the centre of the beam, watching where I was dangling from the edge, his smirk widened and he smiled at me, almost in amusement.

Peter took a step closer to me, before jumping off, somersaulting in the air, and landing right beside me, hovering just next to where I was dangling from, showing off his excellent gymnastic skills. 'Are you alright?'

'Yes, I think so,' I mumbled, my terrified expression not fooling Peter. However, as I struggled to try to break the bonds holding me, Peter noticed how my entire body had erupted in painful scratches and marks. He had intended to rescue me and leave, but he decided it was better now to kill all the pirates who dared to take such hostile actions against me.

'Get back down here and fight me yourself, Pan!' Captain Hook bellowed from the deck down below. The captain and the pirates were all watching us in hysterics, trying to figure out what to do themselves.

Pan glanced down and sighed, rolling his eyes irritably. 'I don't think so, Hook. I thought I was supposed to try and save Tiger Lily. That was what the bait was for, wasn't it?'

Captain Hook shouted some abuse at Peter from below, but he just ignored the irate pirate below them as he hovered closer towards me and began trying to loosen the bonds holding me to the anchor. 'You have really got yourself in a pickle this time, haven't you?'

'Of the worst kind,' I admitted, swaying slightly in the breeze. As Pan struggled with the tight bonds, he watched me nervously. Already my hands were turning purple from the tight cords and I had several reddish marks across my face from where the pirates had hit me too.

'What were you doing to end up here?'

'Nothing much, Pan, but could you please just rescue me and save the reprimand for once we are safe again?' I complained and Peter laughed

'I do not think you deserve to be rescued if you continue to endanger yourself like this, Tiger,' Peter teased gently. But he still continued to cut my tight bonds, now resulting to the knife he was carrying.

'Pan!'

'What?' He chuckled.

'This is not humorous one bit, Peter. Get me down from here!' I complained terrified, wriggling and swaying.

'That depends... once your down will you be able to fly back up and onto the wooden beam until I can help you fly again?' Peter asked me solemnly, his eyes flickering across my own, knowing that I would say "yes" whatever my state and he needed to factor in his own opinion.