Chapter 12: Consequences

Hey,
Thanks for reading, I'm so sorry about the wait!
Please vote and comment.
Enjoy,
Annabelle_the_reader
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Oliver...' I chocked out between sobs, my hands gripping his fingers tightly, as if using him as an anchor to my feelings, 'Pan won't let me see you again... He's forbidden me to see you ever again... I don't think I can-'

'What about you?' Oliver asked and I frowned, raising my eyes from the ground to glance at him. I wasn't sure what he meant, because considering my own feelings was something I could rarely do when simultaneously loving and hating Peter Pan.

'What?'

'What do you want? Do you want to see me?' Oliver questioned and I bit my lip, because I wanted to see him so much it hurt, but I knew that I couldn't. Whenever I saw Oliver, it could entice Pan into spouts of jealousy and anger which could hurt all three of us.

'Of course, but the problem is that Pan doesn't want us to and if he finds out, then-'

'-Then we face the consequences of our own actions!' Oliver cheered quietly, looking at me with excitement, which surprised me because he had experienced the worst of Peter Pan when Pan imprisoned him, yet seemed to be willing to go through that pain all over again.

'I don't know if I could watch Pan hurt you, maybe even kill you...' I admitted ashamed, hoping that my words would scare him into never seeing me again, but I would never be so lucky.

Oliver ran his fingers through his thick hair and took another step even closer towards me, his fingers caressing through my hair as he said finally, 'I don't know if I could live knowing that you were out there alone with him, when I was never going to see you again.'

That was it. I knew there was nothing I could do to persuade him. If I pressed him, he would become impatient with me and I didn't want to lose my friend, so I kept my mouth shut, badly attempted to bite back the tears and nodded.

'Lily,' he said and I nodded, looking upwards, 'I want you to do something for me, I want you to stop Pan from hurting Henry. I don't know why he needs him, but I know that he means a lot to his family and I couldn't imagine someone so young and harmless suffering in that way...'

I stopped him with a finger over his lips, 'I'll try, I promise, but I mustn't be seen to disobey Pan. If I repeatedly turn against him he'll suspect that I am working with them and I couldn't stand it if I wasn't able to help Henry, even something like his morale.'

'TIGER LILY!! WHERE ARE YOU?!' A voice roared.

But it wasn't Oliver's voice. And it wasn't coming from his mouth. It was coming from behind me, slightly in the air as if the owner of the voice was flying towards us.

Before allowing Pan to hurt him, which I knew was inevitable considering what he had done to Oliver for just being friends with him, I shouted, 'Run!'

Without another word, Oliver leapt sideways out of the way, running through the trees and pounding his energy through his arms. We both knew that there wasn't much point in him staying, yet I think he wasn't aware that even though Pan loved me, he would be more than willing to punish me for seeing Oliver again.

The trees trembled violently and instantaneously burst into sharp flames, making me gasp and jump backwards.

Peter Pan.

I became absolutely frozen with fear.

Nothing in my entire life, including my time as a vulnerable native at the hands of my Father's wrath, terrified me as much as I was terrified right now.