Chapter 20: Pan's weakness

Hey,
Thanks for reading. I'm so excited I'm on over 900 reads! Thanks everyone!
Please vote and comment.
Enjoy,
Annabelle_the_reader
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I touched back down and started angrily walking down the paths, away from the Lost Boy's camp. Huffing, I dropped onto the bed of leaves and watched the wind lift up the leaves and fling them gently onto the rocks or the earth.

I heard voices, but I didn't bother to run away. I knew that Pan wouldn't come because he always allowed me to have time to cool off.

So, instead of fleeing, I crept into the shadows and climbed a few metres up a nearby tree that overlooked the clearing they would be about to walk into. I was intrigued to see who it might be, especially if it was Henry's family.

Before leaving, I had seen Henry and instantly pitied him. Time was running out for Henry. I hadn't spoken to him, but I could tell that he was becoming increasingly anxious and tilting towards giving Peter his heart. I had seen them talking and, more importantly, I had seen Henry listening to Peter's pipe which could only mean one thing: Henry was becoming a Lost Boy.

'What are you doing here? You are not from Neverland.' Came my voice from behind them, dropping down onto the forest floor from my place in the trees which perfectly overlooked the clearing they were standing it. My left hand dropped a Dreamshade arrow into my bow and held it by my side as my right hand clutched a small dagger.

Emma, David and Hook withdrew their sword and Regina readied her magic, but they all looked marginally confused by this and Hook hastily returned his, embarrassed.

My feet nestled into the soft, cool and rather damp grass, feeling the moist earth squeeze between my toes and relax my senses on Neverland's soil.

'Who are you?' Regina asked rudely, looking me up and down in disgust. Honestly, I didn't look like I was in the best condition. My animal skinned dress was now so torn by branches there were far too many rips to be called a dress; there was red face paint creating two stripes across my cheeks and I was standing bare foot before them, looking like a complete savage from Neverland.

'It's ok,' Hook assured her, stepping forwards and looking at me curiously as if he didn't recognise me. 'She hates Pan too. Lily is very important.'

I raised an eyebrow at his words, smirking in a mischievous, cheeky Lost Girl way. He winked at me once and I just rolled my eyes at him, before averting my attention confidently back to Henry's family.

'Why?' Emma demanded.

'Because Pan has magic and nothing can hurt him, he is immortal. Lily is very valuable because, unlike anyone else in the entire world, she can hurt Pan from the inside.' Hook explained, his words a little too rehearsed for them to be completely spontaneous.

'How do you know her?' Emma asked and guilt pinched me, because I realised that this was the girl Hook had told me about: she was the father of Henry, who Pan wanted to kill.

'She sailed with me a long time ago, when we first met Pan. Lily stayed in Neverland in order to give us our freedom. I owe her a lot.' Hook said with emotionlessly, but his eyes met mine to share a brief look of gratefulness. I bobbed my head to agree with him, feeling fondness by the memory of the time before I found Pan.

'Hello, I am Lily,' I introduced myself, straightening up and bobbing my head towards them. As I said this, they all returned their swords, finally trusting me.

'Could you possibly help us?' Emma asked hopefully, taking a small eager step towards me. I slid backwards slightly, my hand hovering over my knife for protection. I didn't trust any of them yet, even if they did have a common enemy with Pan.