Chapter 9: Disobedience

Hey,
Thanks for reading. I'm so excited that I have 200 reads! Thank you to everyone who read Pan's Tiger and enjoyed it so much they found the sequel- it's always encouraging!
Sorry this part is a little boring, but I'll update as soon as possible because it's the February half term in England so I have a little more time on my hands than usual- although revision is mostly on my mind!
Could anyone please comment any ideas they had about the direction of the story regarding Henry, Oliver, Hook, Wendy and Rumple. I'm still deciding how and when she finds out that he's her son and how that'll impact the story- so suggestions would be helpful!
Anyway, please vote and comment.
Enjoy,
Annabelle_the_reader
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Proudly, I placed my fifteenth knife down next to me and pulled up the sixteenth. After being almost killed by a mountain lion, Pan had told me to sharpen all the knives of the Lost Boys in an attempt to punish me from hunting alone, but we both knew that sharpening knives wasn't going to prevent me from doing so. Even is punishment allowed me to talk  to Henry, my great-grandson, although I would never tell him I was his great-grandmother, mostly because that would be very illogical as I was only a few years older than him.

'Should have known there would be no signal and wifi in Neverland,' Henry groaned and threw a rectangular-shaped bleeping box on the floor, it's screen lighting up a little. He huffed and folded his arms, a life without "signal" and "wifi" clearly annoyed him.

My eyes followed the box until it hit the ground. I picked it up and turned it over in the palm of my hand. I turned to face him and said, 'What's this rectanglular-shaped box? Does it do something other than flash and beep?'

Henry laughed, as if I had said something insanely stupid. 'It's a mobile telephone. We use them to communicate with our friends and family.'

'Fascinating...' I whispered, turning it over in my hands watching as just accident lay touching the screen made in flash in different ways. 'Its like a fast mailman or carrier pigeon. That is a very clever rectangle. Can I try?' I asked excitedly.

'Unfortunately you need a signal or wifi for it to work.' Henry explained, smirking at how amazed I was by this magical box.

'So without either of those things, it is rendered useless?' I asked doubtfully, then added, 'What a silly little rectangle. The mailman only needed a road and a sack for him to work... And time of course,' I added, realising how foolish and antique I sounded. Anywhere except Neverland this "mobile telephone" would be successful. 'How weird the future is.'

'Technically it's the present,' Henry reminded me and I smiled in return. He pressed a button at the top and then started pressing the screen. My eyes widened at how you could just touch the screen to make things happen. You didn't even need buttons or levers for the technology of the future!

Pan stared walking towards us, disliking how much we had been talking to each other. He was still worried that I would try to help Henry, even though I hadn't given him any reason to believe I would.

'Henry,' Pan began simply and I already knew how it would end. I wanted to believe, just like Henry did, that his family was coming for him. Sometimes just a little bit of help can make the most staggering amount of difference. I vowed never to let a Lost Boy lose hope, and this included Henry. 'There is no point believing that your family will come and rescue you.'

'You don't know my family.' Henry snapped back fiercely.

Pan smiled, knowing that it was evident that Henry loathed Peter since he tricked him. 'What makes you so sure of that?'