Part 32

Chapter 32

Kimberley stood rooted to the spot as I walked over to her. She was waiting for an answer, but I didn't know what I was meant to say. I was so confused about it all. When I looked at girls, I didn't find them attractive. Yes, some looked pretty, but none of them were like Kimberley. When I looked at her, it didn't matter what she was wearing or if she had make up on or not, she always looked beautiful, like a princess. When I looked at guys, I wasn't attracted to them at all. I didn't have a silly crush on a boy from a famous band or an actor, and even before Kimberley came into my life, I had never really been attracted to them. Sure, I went out with a few of them because they were cute, but none of them compared to my Kimberley. I wanted her. I needed her. She made me feel things that I had never felt before. When she hugged me or kissed me my heart would skip a beat. When she looked at me or smiled at my my heart would flutter. I loved her.

Stretching my arm out, I grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to me. I smiled faintly when she didn't object and push me away. My hand travelled upwards, gently stroking her arm and then her neck before resting on her cheek. I leaned in slowly, brushing my lips against hers. I pulled back a bit, looking into her eyes. She seemed okay with it, well she wasn't objecting anyway. I leaned in again capturing her lips. My hand moved from her cheek to the back of her neck, pulling her closer. She began kissing me back and I felt her tongue trace my bottom lip, I parted them, letting her tongue enter and battle against my own.

Pulling away from her, I reached down and took her hand in mine. She was smiling shyly at me which was a relief, at least she wasn't going to cry. I slowly led her over to my bed and we sat down next to each other. I was still holding her hand and I looked at it for a moment, admiring it. Our fingers fitted perfectly between each other's. I pulled at Kimberley's hand, signalling that I wanted her to move closer to me. I opened my arms for her and she shuffled closer onto my lap, resting her head in the crook of my neck. 

“How much did you hear or see?” I asked her quietly.

“I saw her trying to kiss you and I heard you saying you don't like girls.” She replied sadly. I knew what I had said had upset Kimberley, and I should have never of said it in the first place to her. I was still trying to think of something to say when she spoke again. “Don't worry about it though, I'm actually a guy. I've just been keeping it a secret from you.” She laughed and I joined in, I knew she was only trying to make light of the situation.

“I think you have forgotten that I've helped you get undressed a few times. I know you're not a guy.” I joked again before turning serious. “Kimba, I need to explain something to you, but I don't really understand myself...”

“We can understand it together then.” She replied, kissing my neck gently.

“Sarah told me she liked me and she tried to kiss me, twice. I stopped it both times, but on the second one I told her I didn't like girls. The thing is, I don't like girls, but I don't like boys. I only like you. No one compares to you Kimba, you're beautiful, funny, smart and you're so special to me. I love you and only you. I don't know what that makes me, but I prefer not to be labelled any way. All I know is that we're meant to be together because we're perfect for each other and we need each other.” She didn't say anything, but I felt her bury her her face deeper into my neck, leaving small kisses on it. “Kimba, I don't really talk about my feelings, but I just wanted you to know that when I'm with you, it's like nothing bad is going to happen. You make me smile, you make me laugh, you make me the happiest person ever when I'm with you. When you look at me, I get butterflies in my tummy and when you kiss and cuddle me my heart skips a beat. Whenever I see you in the corridor or when you walk into the same room as me, I can't help but smile at you. I don't really know what love is, but I think this is it. I love you, Kimba.”

“No one has ever told anything like that before.” She whispered after a few seconds of silence. “I understand what you're trying to say babe... I feel the same way.” I felt sorry for Kimberley, she had been treated badly by her ex-boyfriend and because of that, she had no self confidence.

“Well, someone should have told you that because it's true.” I kissed the top of her head. “You really feel the same way?”

“Yeah, I do.” She nodded her head. “You make me feel so safe, Chezza. I know I can trust and count on you. You make me feel like I'm worth something and that I'm important. When we're together, you give me your full attention and you listen to me even when I'm talking nonsense. You may act tough in front of everyone, but I know you've got the biggest heart ever. You're gorgeous, hilarious and a sarcastic little b*tch, but that's why I love you.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“How did I get so lucky with you?” I asked Kimberley as I stroked her hair. It was late and we had both changed into our pyjamas, ready for bed. We were snuggled up in my bed together, since we were back together, we both decided that we didn't want to sleep on our own any more.

“You didn't, I'm nothing special.” She yawned tiredly, I frowned at her answer before turning from my back to my side to face her.

“Please, don't talk about yourself like that.” I whispered gently, placing my hand on her waist from under the covers. “You are special, you're special to me. I did get lucky, Kimba. I got very lucky with you, don't forget that.” I leaned in and pecked her lips. “I know that because of Kyle you don't have a lot of self-confidence, but please don't talk badly about yourself, because it makes me upset when you do.”

“I don't mean to make you upset, I'm sorry.” She mumbled in embarrassment, looking away from” me.

“Babe, look at me.” Hesitantly, she brought her gaze back to mine. “Don't be sorry for upsetting me, I'll be fine. Just please, try and stop putting yourself down... do it for me?”

She thought for a minute, I could see that this was a hard decision for her. “Okay.” She sighed. “I'll do it for you.”

“Thank you.” I leaned in, kissing her again. “This means a lot to me.”

“I know, that's why I'm doing it.” This time she kissed me. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” I smiled tiredly at her. “I think it's time to get some sleep.” I added when I heard her yawn again.

“Okay.” She agreed. “Cuddle me?”

“You're so cute!” I exclaimed, tapping her nose with my finger. “I don't want to hurt your arm though.”

“You won't.” She reassured. “Now shut up and cuddle me.”

“I won't if you talk to me like that!” I pretended to act offended. Holding in my laughter, I turned around so I wasn't facing her any more.

“Chezza...” I could imagine her face right now, she'd be pouting right now.

“Walshster, stop with the pouting. Now.” I ordered without looking at her.

“I'm not pouting.” She replied defensively, but in knew she'd be trying not to smile.

“Don't lie to me.”

“I'm not lying, I'm just not telling the truth...”

“That is lying.”

“Shut up, Tweedster.”

“And here we go again.” I sighed. “You're being rude to me.”

I felt Kimberley's good arm rest on my waist before she gently applied pressure to it, making me turn back around to face her. Her lips connected with mine, but before it could turn into something passionate, she pulled away, smirking at me.

“Why did you pull away?” I asked as I carefully wrapped my arms around her, resting my head on her shoulder.

“Because, I got you to turn back around and cuddle me.” She explained simply. “That's all I wanted.”

“I hate you.” I giggled playfully, attacking her cheeks with kisses.

“Love you too.” She giggled before she reached over, turning the lamp off.