Part 14

Part 14

“I f*cking swear Kimba, if you don't f*cking find and answer that f*cking phone I'll find it myself and smash it with a f*cking hammer!” I yelled as I sat up in my bed, rubbing my eyes sleepily. Kimberley's phone had been ringing for the past fifteen minutes, but she had slept right through it all. Unfortunately, I hadn't and it had woken me up.

“Okay, I'm going! Keep your hammer to yourself!” She groaned as she got out her bed and shuffled towards her phone that was lying on top of some of her school books. It had stopped ringing, but it soon started again. Kimberley sighed before answering it, and then made her way into the bathroom so that she could have some privacy.

It was two weeks after the party and when Kimberley kissed me. We hadn't really spoke about it, the two of us were both embarrassed and we didn't want to ruin our friendship by talking about it. It didn't bother me though, as long as she was happy, then so was I. My feelings for her were still growing and it was scaring me. She's all I ever think about now, day and night and when I'm not with her, I miss her like crazy. I doubt she feels the same way towards me so that's why I haven't told her how I feel.

I lay back down in my bed and pulled the covers up back over me, before closing my eyes to go back to sleep. I had a feeling that Kimberley was going to be on the phone for a while and I was too tired to wait until she was finished.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I felt someone slip into my covers and lie next to me. Even though I had my eyes closed, I knew it was Kimberley. I could tell by her scent and the touch of her skin. I didn't know how long I had fallen back asleep for, but I was feeling wide awake now. I draped my arm over Kimberley's waist and pulled her closer to me. When she didn't respond like she always done, I opened my eyes to look at her. Something was wrong.

“What's wrong Kimba? Who was on the phone?”

“My mum.” She replied shortly.

“And what did she want?”

“She told me that she bumped into Kyle the other day and they got talking. He was asking how I was and my mum told him all about the school and everything. He asked when was the next time I was coming home, and my mum told him that I was coming home at the end of this week for Christmas. He asked her if he could take me out on a date on Christmas Eve and my mum agreed to it. She thinks it will be good for me to spend some time with him.” She was getting angrier and more upset by every word.

“What did you say to your mam then?” I prompted, wanting to hear the full story.

“I told her that I wasn't going on a date with him, and then she informed me that she had invited his family round to ours on Christmas Eve anyway. I can't see him again Cheryl. It brings back too many memories.” She snuggled into my shoulder, and I soon began to feel my top being soaked by her tears.

“Did you tell your mam all of this?” I asked as I began to run my hand soothingly up and down her back.

“No, we ended up getting into an argument and I told her that I didn't want them to be there. She freaked out at me and told me that she couldn't un-invite them so I've refused to go home for Christmas...” Kimberley was a stubborn girl, and I knew that it would be hard to change her mind, but she couldn't not go back to her family on Christmas. It was an important holiday and I didn't want her spending it on her own.

“Kimba, you can't stay in London all on your own. Where would you stay any way?”

“I don't know.” She shrugged. “I'd find a hotel or something...”

“I'm not letting you spend Christmas on your own in a hotel.” Christmas was all about spending time with your loved ones, and I wasn't going to let her be on her own for that. If I left her in London, I knew I'd just constantly worry about her until I saw her again.

“Well, there's nowhere else for me to go because I'm not going home!”

“I've got an idea...” I suddenly said, smiling. “I'll be back just now.” I kissed Kimberley's cheek before picking up my own phone and getting out of the bed, walking towards the bathroom to make the call. 

“Hey Gary, can I speak to mam for a minute?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When I walked back into the bedroom half an hour later, Kimberley was lying on her bed reading over one of her drama scripts. I lay down next to her and took the script off her, throwing it down onto the floor.

“I have some news for you...” I teased with a smile.

“Well it better be some good news or I'm going to kick your a*se for throwing my script onto the floor that I just cleaned!”

“Oh shut up, Miss Clean Freak.” I rolled my eyes before continuing. “Do you want to hear the news or not?”

“Is it good news or bad news?”

“Good news.”

“Oh, do you finally have a plan to get rid of D*ckhead Davidson?”

“No, not yet.”

“Did yo-”

“Will you just shut up and let me speak?” She rolled her eyes and stuck her middle finger up at me before letting me continue. “I spoke to my mam, you're allowed to come home with me for Christmas!”

“Really?” She asked, a wide smiling spreading onto her face. I smiled back and nodded my head in conformation before enveloping Kimberley into a hug.

“I think you should phone your mam back and tell her what's going on.” I advised after Kimberley and I had been cuddling for a while.

I watched her as she once again walked into the bathroom to get some privacy. When she closed the door, I smiled to myself. I was spending Christmas with Kimberley. I couldn't believe it, she was going to be with me everyday and I was going to wake up in the same house as her on Christmas day. I was so excited!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When Kimberley returned, she looked stressed out. I had heard her arguing on the phone, and even though I wanted to, I didn't listen to what was going on. It was none of my business. Instead, I had put my headphones in and started to listen to my music. Kimberley sat down next to me, resting her head on my shoulder and letting out a loud, dramatic sigh.

“Everything okay, Kimba?”

“Yeah, it's just that my mum didn't want me to go, but don't worry. She's letting me me stay with you, I've got her to send my presents to your house. That's okay, isn't it?”

“Course it is.” I laughed. “I didn't expect for you not to have presents on Christmas!”

“Thanks Chezza. You know, for everything you've done for me since I got here.”

“Don't worry about it, babe. That's what friends are for.” I moved my arms around her body, hugging her. “So, what are we doing for the rest of the day?”

“Oh, erm, I'm going to go and see my other friends actually...” She replied as she removed her head from my shoulder to look at me. “That's okay, isn't it?”

“Of course it is.” I fake smiled at her. I knew that I couldn't always have Kimberley to myself, but I didn't like her being with her other friends. “Have fun...”

“Chezza, are you sure you don't mind me going?” She asked again, obviously picking up that I wasn't too happy about her going. “I can cancel if you want.”

“Don't be daft! I understand that you have other friends... it's okay.”

Kimberley leaned in, resting her forehead against mine, our lips centimetres apart. “They might be my friends, but you're my favourite.” She whispered before pecking my lips and then pulling away and swiftly exiting the room, leaving me there in a daze.

Is this what best friends did?