Part 25

Chapter 24

What's the point any more? I wasn't even going to pretend that I was okay, because I wasn't. I was crumbling apart inside and it was all her fault. Why? Why did she play with my emotions like that? She kissed me one day and the next, she told me that she didn't want to be girlfriends or friends. What had I done to her to make her so upset and angry? Because so far, I can't think of anything. The only thing I had ever done for her was listen and love her, and I don't see that as a crime. I was always there for her, whether she was drunk, upset or just wanting a cuddle. I would do anything for her, and she knew that. So that brings me back to my question. Why? Why did she go back with Kyle? As far as I was concerned, she hated him. He had hurt her so much, scaring her from pretty much every guy. Why had she gone back with him? Was it because of her parents? Or did she make the decision herself? I had so many questions that needed answered, but I wasn't going to ask her. I wasn't even going to talk to her. If she didn't want to be my friend, then that's what she was going to get. I was going to treat her like I would treat anyone else that was not my friend. Tweedy was back.

As I walked out of the bathroom in my school uniform, I quickly glanced over at Kimberley. She had been crying, her eyes were red and puffy, but I didn't care. She wasn't my responsibility any more. She was still lying in her bed, even though classes started in ten minutes. I opened my mouth to remind her, but I quickly shut it again. She wasn't my problem. Picking up my bag, I walked out the room, slamming the door behind me. I waited outside for a moment, and soon enough, I heard her begin to cry. It only made me even more angry. Why was she crying? She was the one who made everything the way it was. Sighing, I shook the thoughts out of my head. I wasn't meant to be caring about it. If she was suffering, it was her own fault. She deserved it.

The first class I had today was science, which meant I would be sitting next to Kimberley. Although, I had a feeling that she wasn't even going to show up today. As I walked into the class, I noticed that Sarah, Nadine and Nicola were all already there. Smiling at them, I walked over and took my seat in front of them. None of them really knew what was going on, the day Kimberley and I had ended, I ran to their room and told them we had fallen out. I didn't go into details though, they didn't need to know.

“Didn't think you were gonna show up, Chez!” Sarah joked as I turned around in my seat to face them. Out of the three of them, Sarah had been the most supportive and comforting. She had been the one that had been there for me all week, making sure that I was okay. It was surprising, Nicola had always been the closest to me. I suppose she found it hard though, she was close to both me and Kimberley.

“Slept in.” I smiled. “Not that I would have missed much if I hadn't shown up.” Nicola and Sarah laughed at my joke, but Nadine didn't. Ever since Kimberley and I had broken up, Nadine had been acting weird, like she was on edge about something. “You okay, Nadine?”

“Yeah, I'm fine.” She smiled slightly. “Where's Kimberley?” That was it. She had let the cat out of the bag. I knew they were all thinking it, I just wanted to see which one had the balls to do so. Nicola shifted uncomfortably in her seat, waiting for my answer and Sarah slapped Nadine's arm for asking such a stupid question.

“I don't know, and I don't care.” I replied, shrugging my shoulders. “When I left this morning, she wasn't even up. She was in her bed crying.”

“I'm going to go and check on her then.” Nadine stood up, ready to leave, but Sarah grabbed her arm and pulled her back down. Sarah glared at her and gave her a look that I didn't understand, but Nadine must of as she didn't try to get up again. Instead, she turned quiet and hung her head. Before I could ask any questions about it, D*ckhead Davidson walked in so I turned around in my seat, ready for today's lesson.