«Upgrade 1.0»

«Upgrade 1.0»

"Right on time, Dr. Wells." Gwen said as Harrison rolled himself in. It has been three days since Gwen first meet Harrison Wells and each day she gets a little piece of him. Each day is like a new snowflake that floats down into her life. She has been getting the hang of things with the help of Harrison. People around the hospital have been giving her a lot of credit for having him as a patient.

"I do enjoy our talks," he replied back and parked his chair in front of her desk and then sat a cup of coffee on her desk.

"Is this for me?" Gwen asked and her eyes wandered down to the cup. Dr. Wells nodded, "I know you get a double shot, mocha latte."

Gwen smiled brightly and she picked up the cup and before taking a sip she inhaled the sweet smell of coffee. She furrowed her brows and took a sip.

"You're very observant Dr. Wells."

"Well now, Ms. Oswald what's with the Dr.?"

Gwen sat sown the styrofoam cup with Jitters logo on it and laid back into her chair and crossed her arms. "I have been doing some research on you and I read your book."

Harrison smiled contently. "Did you enjoy it? Ms. Oswald."

"Dr. Wells, what's with the Ms. Oswald?"

Harrison adjusted himself a little his chair and he looked down at his watch and shrugged. "You have such a lovely name. Is Gwen short for something?"

Gwen sat up and furrowed her brows. "Yes, it's short for Gwendolyn. Are you cutting our meeting short today?"

Harrison took of his glasses and began to clean them off. "Sadly, yes. I have some business to attend to. But, Gwendolyn."

"Dr. Wells, it's Gwen."

"Right," he slipped on his glasses and turned off his chair break. "Perhaps you would like to come to S.T.A.R. Labs and visit my team? I am sure you would love it."

Gwen's stomach turned up side down and she got up from her chair and went over to open the door for Harrison very excited.

"Oh my, Dr. Wells! Yes! I would love to come visit! What time should I be there? Wait, it's still functioning? And you said you have a-"

"Gwendolyn. I mean Gwen. All your questions will be answered tonight, but you must come alone. I will see you at 4, is that good with you?"

Gwen checked the clock above her desk and nodded in a quick reply. "Yes! That works! Thank you so much!"

Harrison lifted his hand to gesture a thank you. "You're a very bright girl. I can't wait to show you some even brighter things. And who knows, maybe it will rock your house." Harrison smirked and Gwen felt an uneasy feeling come upon her when he said that, but she ignored it, and watched him roll away.

***

"I don't think you should be going..." Elijah complained through the phone. Gwen rolled her eyes and kept driving downtown.

"Well, this is exciting and just because you don't like big cooperate facilities doesn't mean S.T.A.R. Labs is a bad place. Plus, last time I checked we are not dating anymore. So, you can't control me."