Chapter 5: When Forces Collide

Emerald's POV

I walked to the opening, taming my hair.

Behind it stood the green eyed monster that almost ruined me last night. "Good morning princess, or should I say slut."

I felt my heart skip a beat and I stood there awkwardly. I took a step back and he took one forward. 

"H-how did you know..."

"Its not rocket science, I knew that someone punched me and you're too weak to be that someone. And Luke is the only one that even remotely cares about you." He wasn't angry, more like bored. 

Nick was always attractive, since we were young, but right now, I couldn't be more repelled by him. His once bright eyes were bloodshot and his breath still smelled like alcohol. His jaw purple while the rest of him pale. 

He took another step towards me and wrapped his left hand around my waist to stop me from moving back again. He knew I was scared of him and took that to his advantage, 

He came closer and closer until I was on my heels, completely depending on his one arm and leaning in between his long legs.  

"Please get off me." I spoke quietly.

"I could." He ran his right thumb along my lip. As I said before, Nick expresses his frustration through seductive touching.

My tongue slapped against the roof of my mouth as I started to scream Luke's name. 

Nick pinched my lips together. "I wouldn't do that if I were you..." I still mumbled though, hopefully loud enough for Luke hear. 

***

Luke's POV

"lu-" Emerald started to call me, but her sweet voice quieted to a whisper. 

I got up immediately to see Nick holding Emerald, her lips pressed together by his fingers. 

"Nick, let her go." I ran a finger through my hair, quickly analyzing what I could do as I slipped a shirt over my head.

He did as I said and Emerald fell to the ground. Before I could even think of helping her up, she did it herself and came closer to me. 

"Aww the man slut came to save his slut." 

"He's not a man slut." Emerald's voice was barely audible. 

He lifted her chin up. "What was that?" His voice was no longer seductive.

She gripped my hand tighter. "I said he's not a man slut." Out of all the things he's said and done to her, that's the thing she defends?

"Really?" he taunted. "You still are though. In fact, you kill everyone around you. Remember Ashton? Soon en-" I stopped him by punching him in the jaw again. 

I slipped my arms out of Emerald's grip and took a step towards him, closing the door behind us. 

"Ya see, there's your mistake cause this time I'm sober Hemmings." 

***

Emerald's POV

They were fighting.... because of me. 

"Ya see, there's your mistake cause this time I'm sober Hemmings." Nick punched him in the stomach and Luke groaned, just like he did in my dream.  Nick raised his fist again, but I held it back. 

"Nick, stop." The words tumbled out of my mouth.

"He punched me, its only fair that I return the favor."