Chapter 2: Dear Diary

Emerald's POV

I reached the door to see two people I hoped would never meet.

"Mommy, someone's here to see you." My daughter Nikki ran up to me, hugging my legs.

"Its Luke." Nick frowned.

"Um hi."

"Is that you're..." he trailed off, his deep blue eyes welling up with sadness. I wonder whats running though his head right now.

"Yeah, that's my daugher, Nikki." I turned to Nikki, avoiding his gaze. "I thought you were doing homework."

She smiled cheekily. " But someone was at the door." She then proceeded to run back into her room.

Nick chuckled. "She'll do anything to get out of the 1/2 page of homework she has." Nick may be a psychopath and he may have tried to kill me, but he loves Nikki more than anything.

Luke's jaw dropped. "You have a kid?" He was still standing at the door and I was still standing parallel to him.

Nick smirked, getting up. He knew that the tables have turned. Luke and I were nothing now.

He rested his chin on my collarbone and wrapped his huge arms around my waist.

"Yeah, and?" Nick's words vibrated through my body.

***

Luke's POV

"Can I come in?" My blood boiled at the way Nick wrapped himself around her.

Emerald grabbed my wrist in the least romantic way possible and led me to the nearest couch.

They both sat down. Nick wrapped one arm around her shoulder and the ran the other one through her dark hair, looking at my reaction.

"How old is your- I mean Nikki?"

"She's four." They replied in unison. Nick was trying to make me jealous, but Emerald was irritated. Plus, she looked extremely tired. Her eyes were drooping and she struggled to keep them open.

She tried to pull away from him, but he held her closer, his head leaning on hers. He placed a soft kiss to the side of her head and laughed.

Ignoring them, I looked at the walls. The first picture that caught my eye was one with Nikki as a baby. Emerald was holding the small baby her arms while Nick was holding both of them from behind. I felt my heart break further. I wasn't there for any of the biggest events in her life. Her child, her marriage.

I always imagined I'd be in the hospital one day, eagerly waiting to see my new daughter or son. I wanted to be in that suit, reading my vow, while she stood there in a striking white dress.

Nick and I shared some small talk, me explaining my situation in Sweet Tooth. I told them my new address, conveniently placed a few doors down from theirs.

"What's your job?" Nick had a criminal record, so I'm guessing it must have been quite hard to get one.

"I don't have one. Emerald works enough for the both of us. Isn't that right?" He looked at her and she nodded, yawning. No wonder she's so tired.

He propped his legs up on the coffee table, near his sandwich, and stretched his muscular arms.

"I'm bored. Princess kiss me."

She sat up. "But Nick. L-Luke's here. Its not fair." Her eyes widened as if kissing her husband was a crime. But it was, because he didn't love her, not the way I did.

He ignored her desperate plea and repeated his original statement. " I'm bored. Kiss me." She frowned, her beautiful face drowning in sadness and pressed her lips to his softly. He eyed my reaction before closing his eyes. He stupidly moved his legs off the table to bring them closer to her, and the sandwich fell of the table with a loud thud.