10

Irene pov.

I was on my bed, doing some extra homework for the project. My phone kept ringing but I didn't answer it when I saw it was Taehyung. But when I saw his message telling me to meet him at the park around the corner of my house I started to get nervous.

I couldn't risk him coming here and see my house so I sneaked off my room and looked around. My father was taking a nap in the bedroom, Jimin was still at work and my mother was cooking for the owners of apartment 12.

Without idling I took my keys and a cardigan, slipped into my fake vans, and rushed to the park near our apartment where Taehyung said he would be waiting. He stood up off the bench he was sitting on and looked at me without any facial expressions. "What do you want-"

"Irene why don't you just tell me the truth", he said and a cold shiver run down my spine. Did he find out about my family and is now mad that I lied? No. How could he?

"You are zoning out again", he said and got me back to reality. I swallowed. "W-What do you mean..", was all I could say. "Who slapped you? Joy said she didn't. So I basically snapped at her for nothing", he said and scratched his head.

I blinked several times. "Wait, what?", I said confused. "What has Joy to do with this? I never mentioned her or better said, I haven't seen her for a week?", I said and I could see the guilt in his eyes.

He took a deep breath. "After we had that talk on the girl's bathroom in school I kinda assumed you got slapped by Joy so I drove to her house and confronted her. Turns out I was wrong. I just want to know who did this to you, okay. I am worried", he confessed and looked at his feet.

"Why do you even want to know? Like, why are you worried? You don't even know me. We just work on this project. I am nothing to you so why are you running around and searching for justice for me?", I asked him. He took a step closer to me and I looked up at him.

"I wish I knew", he started. "Ever since I got to know you, you don't leave my mind. This sounds absurd but I care for you. I have this feeling of comfort around you. I know you won't judge me as everyone else does. I don't have to pretend to be that arrogant 'Heir' everyone talks about around you. I can be the goofy, careless boy I am around you", he took my hand and electricity flowed through my veins.

Taehyung pov.

"What are you doing to me, Irene", I said softly, barely audible. She blushed and broke the eye contact which made me smile. There was no sign of that sassy, confident Irene at the moment. I could tell she was shy and embarrassed which made my heart skip a beat.

"I want to know you. Irene, I think... I think I like you", I whispered. She bit her lower lip which made my heart pump faster. She probably could hear it beating against my chest. Our eyes met again and I slowly got closer to her. Our foreheads touched and she closed her eyes, breathing faster.

The sound of her phone ringing made her jump back. I closed my eyes in annoyance and bit my tongue not to swear out loud next to her.

"Yes. Okay, dad. I'm coming", she put her phone back into her cardigan's pocket and turned around. Her cheeks were pink and she couldn't look at me, obviously embarrassed that we almost kissed. Amusement replaced my anger. It's the first time I see a girl being shy about just kissing. Nowadays girls straight get to the sexual part without hesitation.

"I need to go now. See you in school. Bye", she said quickly before leaving with fast steps. I looked at her, smiling like an idiot. "Run, Irene. Let's see how long you'll be able to run away from me.."

Irene pov.

I was sitting on the bed, fanning my heated face with my hands. Without success. Only the thought of Taehyung being so close made me all embarrassed again. I took my pillow and covered my face. I threw myself back on my bed with a big smile. I couldn't wait for tomorrow.

"Irene! Help me with Dinner!", my mother called me and brought me back to my senses. I stood up and looked in the mirror, fixing my hair.

I helped her with the dishes, smiling the whole time. "Why are you so happy?", Jimin said and looked at me with his eyebrows raised. I blew him a kiss. "Mom cooked so nicely, didn't she?", I avoided his question. "Anyway, I'm going to bed. I am really tired. Goodnight.", I said and quickly got into my room before anyone could ask any more questions.

I cuddled up in my bed and fell asleep with a smile. Maybe also with a too excited beating heart. Taehyung's smiling face was the last thing on my mind before I dozed off completely.