4

Irene pov

"You can drop me here, thank you so much I sure have been a burden to you..", I said as I undid my seatbelt. I looked around to check if my father or Jimin could be near and see me.

"No need to thank me..", he said and looked where I did. "Are you searching for someone?", he asked me and I grew stiff. "Uh..No, I just don't want the neighbors to see me and start gossiping, you know..", I said and lowered my head. He chuckled lightly. "Thank you again, see you", I said and quickly left the car.

I unlocked our entry door and my mother was already waiting, pulling me into the small kitchen. I hit my back on the counter and bit my lip in pain as well as in panic. "Where have you been! Look at the time! Be glad your father isn't home yet!", she started ranting. I just sighed and walked to my room, changing my clothes to something more comfortable.

;;

We were done with dinner and I was doing the dishes when the phone rang. Jimin picked it up, "Oh, Dahyun. Yeah, she's at home. I will tell her. Bye. Irene! Dahyun says she wants to see you so go upstairs when you are done", he said and sat down on the couch, watching TV again. I sighed and wiped my wet hands on my pants.

I put on some slippers and made my way up to apartment six. I knocked and prayed for Dahyun to open the door. After the things Ailee said behind my back, I was still hurt. When Dahyun opened the door I smiled and sighed, my prayers were heard. We walked into her room and sat down on her bed.

"I'm sorry, Irene. I couldn't contact you earlier .. I had some.. 'issues' with my dad and Ailee.", she said and her eyes filled with tears. I pulled her into a hug and she started crying.

"Shh... Dahyun. It's ok, you don't need to be sorry. What even are you sorry for? Dummy, you didn't do anything wrong. Now tell me. Did your father do something? Did he..hurt you?", I asked carefully and gulped.

She wiped away her tears and shook her head. "N-No, it's just... I wanted to go to that school so badly. My father took my laptop and phone away. I can't even read the newest gossip about V!", she complained.

When she mentioned V, my heart started racing. Should I tell her? No, I better don't or she'll just get more desperate that she failed. So I decided to shut up about V for now and that I got to know him.

We talked a little about the school before I said that I needed to go. It was late already and I had to get up early to school tomorrow. I hugged her again and made my way down to the basement.

;;

Taehyung pov.

I woke up on Jungkook's couch, still not ready to face my father. I took a shower and walked into the kitchen. Jungkook was on his iPad while eating a sandwich. I saw he made me one too. "Thanks, brother. I really owe you something", I said and took a bite of the sandwich. He glared at me, "Hey if you thank me one more time, I swear I won't let you inside this house ever again. Now eat or we'll be late for school."

The first two lessons were boring. I drew weird looking animals on my piece of paper when my teacher spoke up.

"Alright students, before I wrap up this lesson I wanted to tell you about this project me and Mr. Min Yoongi are going to do with you guys", my professor Jung Hoseok said and caught my attention immediately. I put my stuff away and listened.

"So as you might know already, we had Freshmen this year and we planned to set you guys up with them in couples or little groups for a project. All you need to do is to pair up with one of the freshmen and then talk to them about your dreams. For example... Hmm..", he said and looked around the room to get inspired.

"Oh, well for example if your dream is to become a confectioner or chef, design your own restaurant! Collect everything you think is important in a folder and hand it to us due to the deadline. If you want to become a film director, shoot a short scene or a short movie! There is no limit to your fantasy and imagination! And if you should have any questions, me and Mr. Min Yoongi will always be available for you", he clapped and looked happy when he saw the excited faces of his students.

Indeed, I was excited too. I hoped the newcomer I had in mind didn't find a partner yet ...

Irene pov.

When Mr. Min Yoongi told us about the project with Prof. Jung Hoseok's class, I got super nervous. I knew exactly whom I wanted to pair up with, but I was scared that he'd reject me.

I walked to the canteen and saw him sitting with Joy and Jungkook, laughing and drinking milkshakes. Jungkook noticed me and waved. "Hey, Irene! Come here!",he shouted and some girls glared at me, probably jealous that I got friends with them already as a freshman.

Joy's smile faded and she rolled her eyes. Taehyung smiled at me, he looked very excited and it was obvious he wanted to tell me something. Joy interrupted him before he could say a word, "You are a freshman right?", she said and I nodded.

"We should pair up then. We can design a catwalk and you can film me walking in some dresses", she said and took a sip of her shake. Jungkook covered his face, he seemed annoyed. I looked at Taehyung, he was frowning.

"Uhm excuse me Joy, that sounds all really nice... but I think you need to find someone else for that because I actually came here to ask Taehyung if he wants to be my partner for this project", I said and Taehyung looked at me now with a big grin. Jungkook leaned back with a smirk and Joy had an 'I can't believe you are ditching me'-expression on her face. But she shrugged it off, acting like she doesn't care.

We stayed in the canteen and Jungkook was telling some stories we all listened to. I felt Taehyung looking at me all along. He was biting his lip and when our eyes met he winked lightly, which made me blush immediately.

"Uhm excuse me, I have to go now", I stood up. Taehyung looked confused. "See you on Monday. Have a nice weekend", I said with a smile and left the school with quick steps. My heart was beating so fast, I thought it's going to explode.