7

Taehyung pov.

I sighed and turned my head in annoyance. "We are just working on our project and there is no one here yet anyway", I said and pretended to read something on the sheet of paper Irene wrote on earlier.

"Oh, I see. So working on a project means flirting and touching each other, hm?", she snapped and I saw Irene tense up. I slammed my hands on the table and stood up. Irene flinched, she wasn't expecting me to get angry.

"Why are you even here?" I said more pissed now. Joy walked towards me and picked her phone. "23 missed calls from your father. Why don't you contact him", she said and showed me her phone. I shrugged, "That's none of your business."

She raised her eyebrows. "Wow, really? I think it is my business because you are my best friend and we are worried about your relationship with your father!", she turned to Irene, "And you should stop distracting him or whatever you do!"

"Stop dragging Irene into this! She hasn't done anything why do you keep mocking her?" I said louder than I expected. Irene stood up and smiled, "It's ok, Taehyung. I don't mind, this just shows who feels attacked and threatened. So, Joy if you are done mother-ing Taehyung, can we please continue our work. Classes will start soon and we don't have much time left", she said and sat down again. I wasn't expecting her to deal with Joy that calmly.

"Yah!", Jungkook shouted from the door and we turned to him. "Taehyung, your maid tried to call you but when you didn't answer she called me and said", he stopped talking and I looked at him with questioning eyes.

"Can we talk alone..", he said finally. I sighed, "What is it Kooks, it's just the girls and us." I heard Joy laugh sarcastically behind me. Jungkook rubbed his neck, "Well, ok so she told me that your father totally lost his mind and is literally destroying your room. He threw everything outside and apparently, he said you can't come home anymore.." I leaned my head back and moaned in annoyance. It was nothing new nor shocking for me so I just ignored it. Jungkook walked up to us and he mocked how my father sounded on the phone which made me laugh because I could totally imagine him sounding exactly like that.

Irene pov.

I put all my stuff together quietly and took my bag. Jungkook and Taehyung were laughing and joking around. I smiled, not wanting to disturb them so I silently walked out the room, deciding to ditch today's classes.

Instead, I walked to the canteen and got a cup of tea, sitting down at a free table. There were only a few students left. I sighed and looked around. "Can I join you?" I turned my head and saw a girl smiling at me. I smiled back and nodded my head.

She sat down and shook my hand, "I'm Jisoo, also a freshman. Actually, we share the same class by Mr. Hoseok. But I always sit in the last row, that's probably why you never noticed me", she said.

"Oh, I am sorry I didn't know that! I am not that good at socializing", I said and we laughed. We kept on chatting and I didn't notice the time passing by...

"Irene? You are still here?", I turned my head and saw Taehyung looking at me in surprise with Jungkook beside him. Jisoo's smile faded and her body tensed up.

"Why, what's wrong", I said and looked at my watch. 8:24p.m. "Damn it!", I shouted and literally skyrocketed. I quickly grabbed my bag, running to the exit. On the way, I checked my phone. I forgot I had it on mute. 28 missed calls.

"Shit", I said under my breath and kept running. Someone grabbed my arm and pulled me back, which made me almost fall.

"Damn, you are fast!", Taehyung said and tried to catch his breath. "Taehyung, can we talk tomorrow? I need to go home-" He put his hand against my mouth and I widened my eyes. "I will drive you. Come on", he said and without waiting for my answer he pulled me to the parking lot.

I didn't speak during the drive. I am dead. He will kill me. Shit, how could I forget the time!?

"Are you ok?", Taehyung asked worried, and pulled me back to reality from my thoughts. I gulped but nodded, trying to smile. He focused on the street again and when the car stopped I noticed it was the same spot he dropped me off last time.

"Hey.. give me your phone number, just in case I need to talk to you", he said. "...Because of the project of course", he quickly added and rubbed his neck. I picked his phone from his grip, quickly typed a number, and gave it back to him. "Thank you, see you tomorrow!", I said and rushed out of the car, leaving a confused Taehyung behind me.

I was standing in front of the door with shaking hands, not sure what is expecting me behind. I was late. I was really really late. I should be home at 5 pm and it is almost 9 pm now. After taking a deep breath I decided to go inside and face the consequences.

It couldn't be too bad... right?

When I stepped inside my parents and Jimin were sitting on the couch.

Silence.

I gulped and put my shoes and jacket off. When I wanted to pass the living room to go to my room, my father stood up.

The next thing  I felt was a burning pain on my right cheek which made me fall to the ground. My mother yelped and Jimin helped me up immediately. I was holding my cheek and tears made my vision blurry.

"Where have you been huh! How dare you even come home at this time! Do you know how often I called you?! What kind of school is that! I told you to come home early!", he started shouting at me. Jimin was covering me but I was still in shock, holding my cheek. The taste of blood made me touch my lip. The slap in my face hit my lip too and made it bleed.

My father was walking up to me again and I flinched when his arm raised. I was expecting another slap but Jimin carried me to my room quickly. I heard my mother shout at my father, trying to hold him back behind me before Jimin shut the door.

"Do you want something.. you are bleeding", Jimin said. I could hear the sadness in his voice. I shook my head lightly, still in trance. He nodded. "I will take him for a walk to calm him down..", he said and left quietly.

I quickly locked my door and sat on my bed again. Tears rolling down my cheek. I looked in the mirror and tried to touch my lip. I hissed at the pain. My phone vibrated and I checked it, wiping away my tears.

"I hope you're alright? I couldn't even say bye properly ... Well.. here's my number .. Goodnight! ~ TH."

I read the message and broke out in tears. And once again I realized, we are living in two completely different worlds...