8

Taehyung pov.

I looked at my phone and sighed. The message says seen but why isn't she answering?

"You alright man?", Jungkook said while handing me a cup of coffee. "I don't know, Kooks. Irene isn't answering my message. Did I do something wrong today?", I asked and looked at him. He raised his eyebrows, "Is that serious between you two? Don't you know each other for like a week?"

I shrugged. "You know I am not that relationship kind of guy but when I am with Irene", I sighed, "She makes me feel nervous." He chuckled and playfully hit my arm. "Wow, the first time I see you like that, Tete!", he teased me. I smiled and looked at him.

"Jungkook, but seriously now. I feel different around her. She has a different aura. I don't know how to explain the way she makes me feel. It's the first time a girl actually caught my attention. You know I hooked up with a lot of girls. Actresses, models, singers. But she's nothing like them. She is smart, ambitious and she is mature", I leaned back on the couch and took a nip of my coffee.

Jungkook looked at me with widened eyes. "You surprise me lately! Isn't your motto to never date a girl from school? Let's forget that fact, but I thought you always liked those super high fabulous women. Don't get me wrong, Irene is gorgeous. But she's not the usual target you always aimed for. You usually go with sexy and kinky but Irene is pure and innocent."

My phone buzzed next to me and I quickly grabbed it, hoping it would be Irene, totally ignoring Jungkook. It was only an ad and I dropped my phone next to me, groaning.

;;

I was having the best dream ever but someone had the urge to call me at 7 in the morning!? Why would you do that? Without checking the ID I took my phone and answered. "What", I said grumpily. I was still staying at Jungkook's house and seeping on his couch since my father decided to throw me out. "Taehyung, it's not nice to respond to a phone call like that." My mother's voice made me wide awake and I sat down straight.

"Oh, hello mom. I was sleeping and thought you'd be a school friend." I bit my tongue and was happy she couldn't see my face right now. She just chuckled. "Taehyung, do you have some free time this week? I'd like to see you. It's been a while", she said and sighed sadly. I didn't want to see her but I felt guilty so I agreed to meet her after school on Friday.

Since I woke up already, I quickly took a shower and got ready for school. "Kooks, why do you always take so long to get ready?", I teased him and ruffled his styled hair. "Taehyung! It took me an hour to style my hair like that", he whined and I just laughed as we drove off to school.

I wandered through the halls and asked some students about Irene. Why am I like this about her? I've never chased after a girl. Lost in thoughts I bumped into Jungkook, he was talking to me but I didn't notice it.

"Bro what the?", he said and I just looked at him confused. He waved his hand in front of my face, but a familiar face in the background caught my attention. Without thinking I shouted her name loudly. Irene looked at me with wide eyes but quickly covered her face with her hair before running into the next girl's toilet.

"See you later bro", I said to Jungkook and rushed after Irene. I stood in front of the toilet doors. Sooner or later she had to walk out.

Irene pov.

Why is he following me?! Damn it now I am stuck on this toilet. I sighed and walked up and down, thinking about how I could escape Taehyung.

Another girl entered the toilet and I peeked outside. Taehyung was standing next to the door, talking to someone on the phone. I cursed under my breath and leaned my back against the wall. The girl, who was now checking her makeup in the mirror, looked at me.

"Ya'lright?", she said with an accent. I just nodded but she continued talking to me. "What's ya problem? Why ya hidin' here?", she said while putting on her lipstick.

"Avoiding someone", I sighed. "I saw V waitin' outside. Damn ya crazy girl. Everyone chases after V but ya run away from him", she shook her head and left.

I looked into the huge mirror, my lip looked awful. One of the reasons why I was avoiding Taehyung. I didn't want him to see this. He'll start questioning everything.

My lip was dried out and now crusted. I put on some lotion overnight, hoping it'd magically disappear in the morning but unfortunately it looked even worse. My eyes were still red from the crying and none of my lipsticks could cover the small cut on my lip.

I checked the time. Classes start in 5 minutes. If I run now maybe, my thoughts were cut off when the door burst open. I flinched and turned around to see Taehyung walk in, casually closing the door behind him. I immediately turned my back to him.

Taehyung pov.

"Why are you avoiding me?", I said and sounded sadder than I expected to. She was still not looking at me. "Irene", I said and took another step towards her.

"Leave.. please.", she said. Her voice was shaking.

"Why? What did I do? I don't get it seriously! One moment we are so close, the other moment you treat me like air. Did I do anything wrong to you? If I did please tell me! I don't think that I deserve this silent punishment. I have a right to know why you treat me like this", I touched her arm and she took a deep breath.

I still don't get it. Why am I like this? I'd never let the way a girl treats me influence me like that. But when she ignores me I just feel like crap.

I sighed. "Irene look at me", I said and I gently pushed her against the wall. She looked down and was hiding her face behind her long hair. "Seriously, I have already seen your face why are you hiding?", I combed her hair back with my fingers and she closed her eyes. I lowered my view to her lips and my body tensed up.

"Who did this.", was all I could say. My hands formed into fists. "Irene. I asked you something?", she kept ignoring me. "Did Joy do this? Did she hit you?" I said more angrily now.

I looked down at her, still waiting for an answer but she gave me a killing glance instead. "Taehyung. I told you already. Don't get into my business. Why do you even care? Mind your own business, damn it!", she shouted and pushed me away. I heard the door creak open and close again.

I tried to stay calm, but I was seething internally. The only person who I'd expect to slap Irene was Joy. I remembered that they were having an argument the other day and Jungkook had to intervene. If Joy really slapped Irene, she really took it too far.