Smiles

~Chitoge's P.O.V~

"Ah, so that's what you meant, seriously, you should have told me earlier," I looked at him, his head full of bumps.

"If I did, Y/N would hear and then she would know. He looked up and rubbed his bump at the back of his head and looked at me, "So, what should I do? Tell her I'm sorry? But I already lied to her about it..."

"Well, of course! What do you expect, you think you can escape it in the end? And I wouldn't like a person who would just leave things at it is right now and think that nothing had happened, that's just so cowardly," and I saw him leave his head hanging as I finished my sentence.

"And what did you think I was going to say?" he looked at me angrily.

"I thought you were going to say that you harassed her or something," and I sighed, relieved that he didn't. If he actually did, it would bring my reputation down. I turned to look at him, gaping at me with his wide open mouth.

"I thought you had more trust in me..."

~Y/N's P.O.V~

I looked at the watch that was on my left wrist. It was announcing 1:58pm, lunch time was over in 2 minutes. I quickly open my bag up and looked at my timetable. The subject was Science, a subject I clearly loved.

I swung my head up, the afternoon sun blinding my eyes. I swiftly let my eyes close and brought my head upright, and again, the leaves were hanging from the old tree. A leaf then broke from the branches' grasp and glided through the windy air, landing in the dirt of the small garden beside the tree. I stood up, stretched and yawned before walking to the spot where it landed and picked it up. I squinted my eyes at it carefully and decided to fold it in half, placing it inside my pocket. I walked away from the spot, forgetting the boys nearby were there.

***

"Y/N, you're new to this class right? Do you want to pair up with me and my other friend?"

I turned around from my table and looked into the dark shade of brown eyes. A part of her hair was dangling from the right and I looked over her shoulder to see a girl with glasses, dark green eyes behind them.

"Sure, what's your name?" I asked out of politeness.

"Ah, I forgot to introduce myself!" she turned to her friend and looked back with a light tint of pink in her cheeks, "My name is Kosaki Onodera, and her name," she turned to look at the girl, "Is Ruri Miyamoto," and she smiled as she turned back to face me, "Oh, and you can call me Kosaki and her Ruri."

"Alright," I said as I stood up," Now, which table do you want to go for the experiment..." I trailed off as I noticed all of them were occupied except for the one ahead of me.

"I think we asked you too late, and um," Onodera trailed off, "There's only one left," she smiled nervously.

I sighed once again and went ahead of them towards the table. I looked at the list which was placed on the brown wooden table in front of me and read the ingredients.

"So, we're making the balloon not pop on top of a lit candle, right?" I asked them then looked over at the front table where the ingredients were laid out. The teacher had left the room with an experiment which we had to figure out ourselves, which meant it was time to think.