chapter 17

Chapter 17

I wake up to being slapped, punched, and kicked. The pain making me scream it was so intense. I feel the tears stream down my face,  “HELP ME!! PLEASE, ANYONE!” I scream.

“Shut up!” the cruel voice of my father barks. “This is what you get for trying to run away from me.” he bellows. I try to squirm away but he sends a glass vodka bottle down onto my head. Instantly I’m knocked out.

Drew’s point of view:

I walk aimlessly around the pack house for an hour. Once the long period of time with out my mate was over I run towards the pack graveyard. I jump over the fence to find the grave yard empty. Two scents lingered, one being my mate’s the other unrecognizable. I walk over to her brother’s grave to find the corner splashed with her blood. I instantly start to run, following her sent. I mind link Sterling, Luke, Josh, and Alexander. They agree and start to follow. I follow the sent until I reach the end, her house.

They catch up with me there and I discuss the plan. “Ok, I’m going to climb up to her window and get inside. We don’t want anyone to get hurt so we won’t run into her dad this way.” I say before climbing up the tree. I peer into her window to see a horrifying sight. My beautiful mate was lying on the floor in a pool of her own blood, beaten and battered, unconscious, and mangled. “Oh my gosh… Everyone go through the front door and beat the crap out of her dad, but don’t just kill him yet, let me do that.” I yell then fling the window up no doubt breaking it. I rush inside t o my mate. I place my ear above her heart and there was only a faint pulse.

“NO! Stay with me princess, please.” I mumble. I place a kiss on her forehead and pick her up, carrying her down stairs to see the boys beating her father to a pulp. “Luke!”  I yell getting his attention. All of them look my way anyways and their eyes grow wide at the sight in my arms. Luke rushes over to me .

“Oh my gosh.”  Are the only words that make it past his lips.

“Take her to Alexandria. Fast. Her heart is barely beating. Now to finish off him.” my body was shaking with anger and worry for my mate. I attack the beaten man in front of me punching his face repeatedly. Then I wrap my hands around his neck squeezing until his face becomes purple. I jerk his neck hearing a sickening crack then his body stops struggling beneath me. I pick up his body and carry it back into the forest where the pack grave was. I toss his body near the fence then sprint into the building. I run into the pack emergency room and go to the only room that was closed.

I knock on the door and Lila opens the door, tears trickling down her face. She pulls me in to the room and wraps me in a hug. Her small arms wrapped around me, I hug her back then walk over to Ashlen. Alexandria was cleaning the blood off her, there was blood bags hanging with tubes stuck in her small body. I hold her limp hand in mine as tears trickle down my face, she can’t die. My wolf won’t be able to handle it, if she dies I will too. I sink to the floor, my back against the wall, my head in-between my knees. I tug at my hair in frustration as the slow steady beeps of the heart monitor fill my ears.

I hear a loud constant beep fill the room, and my head jerks up to see Ashlen’s chest had quit rising and falling. “Alex!” I screech. She hurries doing CPR and everything else to revive her but nothing is working.

“Drew, there’s one last thing I can think  of but it involves her having to shift.” She says carefully.

“But she hasn’t shifted yet!” I cry out.

“Drew, it’s the last thing I can think of, if you want to save her.” she says softly.

“Ok, ok. Just do it.” I sigh.

“Ok, what I have to do is draw some of your blood since you are the Alpha.” She speaks calmly and I sit down in a chair. She takes out a needle and I almost freak out at the sight, the only thing keeping me calm was that it was for Ashlen. She slips the needle into my arm and the blood flows into the vile. She puts the blood into a shot with a very long needle might I add. I look away right before she sends it into Ash’s heart. you see there is a legend that if a pack member is dying if you take blood of the alpha of the pack and inject it into the members heart it can save them. I hear the crackling sound of her bones as she starts to shift for the first time. I have to cover my ears as I remember the pain of my first shift.

“Alex, you have to give her morphine. You know how unbearable the first shift is.” I plead. I tug at her arm and she nods. Out of the whole pack she had the worst first shift. You see in the first shift you can have a very short not as pain full one that only lasts at the least an hour or you can have a very long one. Alex had the longest known to all of us. Hers was 2 weeks 4 days 13 hours and 11 minutes. She places an IV in Ash’s arm and instantly Ashlen’s face relaxes slightly.

“Drew, you should probably leave and get some rest.” Alexandria says and pats my arm meaningfully. I shake my head in protest.

“No, I’m not leaving her, I can’t.” I tell her.

“Drew, with all do respect you are our alpha and you need rest incase anything happens.” She says quietly.

“Fine, but if anything happens get someone to come get me instantly, no matter what time or what it is. That’s coming from your alpha, not just her mate.” I tell her before sauntering off, I was going to sleep as close to her as possible. The only way I would be able to do that was by sleeping in her room in her bed where her scent surrounded me. I crawl under her sheets and finally drift off into a restless sleep.

I awake to someone shaking me, yelling my name. “What?!” I groan looking over at the clock to see I was only asleep for an hour. I look over to see it was one of Alexandria’s nurse’s, my eyes instantly widen.

“It’s Ashlen.” She whispers.