chapter 5

Chapter 5 –

DREWS POINT OF VIEW:

Luke and I stay in my office thinking of ways to kill him, you see Michael Calhoun used to be part of  our pack. He would stir up trouble with other pack members and attempted to kill a few at one time or another. The man was crazy, he never found his mate so he married a human. They had a daughter then he ran off and almost out of our pack territory. He lost contact to us, once he became really mad at his wife when he was drunk and he killed her. once she was gone he must have started to take his anger out on Ashlen. I can’t believe this. Yet here I was thinking he was dead or in jail. I was wrong, he was completely alive and still just as abusive.

If it’s the last thing I do, I will kill him for hurting my mate. I know I should be ecstatic about finding my mate, but finding out she was abused by her own father has ripped me up one side and down the other, I can’t stand the feeling of someone hurting her. I’ve been told by my friends that I’m over protective of the things I love because of what happened with my dad. I shuffle out of the office and to my room to find Ashlen missing. “She’s in the lounge, I can smell distinctively human scent.”   Luke mind links me.

“I was about to say, because she wasn’t in the room.” I link back. I walk to the lounge to find her sitting cross legged on the couch, talking to my sister Lila. Lila is Luke’s mate, sometimes I find it rather weird to see my best friend and sister all lovey dovey but I get over it when I notice how happy they are. I see Alex (my older brother) half way across the room with his mate Alexandria. We all thought it was Ironic because both of them respond if you just say Alex. a bunch of my friends where hanging around the room, most of them keep glancing over at Ashlen with looks that I didn’t like. I keep getting mind links asking who she was and it made me boil over with anger.

“She’s my mate now mind your own business!” I bark at them through mind link and all the boys grow silent in the room, then the chatter starts again. I jump over the back of the couch landing beside Ashlen. She jumps out of fright no doubt, anyone could see it in her eyes. I drape my arm behind her on the back of the couch.  “So, what are you guys talking about?” I ask.

“We are actually just getting to know each other.” My sister speaks up.

“Oh, well my name is Drew, I am 18 years old. My favorite color is navy blue, favorite food is bacon, I absolutely despise the colors purple and pink. My favorite movie is the Men in Black 3.” I ramble and the girls only giggle.

“I already know all of that.” Lila rolls her eyes at me.

“Man, you guys must be really good friends.” Ashlen giggles.

“Actually we’re brother and sister.” I inform her.

“Oh, well that explains it.” She laughs.

“Who wants to go get lunch?” I ask them.

“Yea! Let’s go to Aj’s Chilly House!” Lila exclaims.

“Um guys, if you hadn’t noticed I’m not in the best shape to go out. Plus I don’t have any money, I ran out of the house in a panic.” She mumbles the last part.

“Don’t worry you can borrow some of my clothes.” Lila chirps.

“Yea but I don’t have any money on me.” she mumbles. “And I am defiantly not going back to that living hell hole.” She mutters.

“Don’t worry Ash, we’ve got money.” I smile weakly.

“No, I can’t take your alls money. Borrowing clothes, that’s different.” She shakes her head.

“Ash, I’m not letting you starve. Now come on, let’s go get you some clothes.” I chuckle and throw her over my shoulder she shrieks at first and starts to pound on my back but slowly settles down. I should have thought before I did that, I probably scared her to death considering that her father would beat her. I should apologize later, I feel her clutch my white t-shirt as if I was going to let her fall. I carry her to my sisters room in the pack house and set her on Lila’s bed. Lila appears in the door way seconds later and smirks.

“Please tell me, you’re not going to let him pick out what you’re going to wear.” She chuckles and walks over to Ashlen.

“If it’s not too much to ask for I was hoping that you and I could pick it out together because I didn’t know what things you don’t want me to touch and stuff.” She says softly.

“Sure, and Ashlen you can wear whatever you want I don’t care. I used to have a twin sister, same size and everything, we shared clothes so I’m used to it.” Lila grins.

“Ok, thank you.” Ashlen smiles shyly at my sister.

“Ok, Drew out. Girl time!” Lila says and points to the door as she starts to push me.

“Ok, ok, I’m leaving Lil calm down.” I chuckle and walk out the door.