chapter 14

Chapter 14

I wake up to find Ashlen no longer by my side and the door wide open, minutes later she stumbles in rubbing her eyes. “Drew,” she mumbles stretching her arms out to me. I hold mine out to hers an she crawls into the bed, right into my arms. I incase her in a tight hug as she buries her head into my chest. I stroke her hair as she clutches my t shirt. “I had the dream again.” She mumbles.

“What was it about?” I whisper. All she does is shake her head.

“Nightmare.” She whimpers.

“Do you want to tell me?” I ask.

“Not now, later.” She tells me, her eyes have been closed the whole time. I hold her tighter in my arms as a tear slips down her cheek. She quickly wipes it away and holds onto my shirt.

“It’s ok, it’s over.” I reassure her and plant a kiss on her head.

“You don’t understand, I have had the same dream three times now.” She informs me.

“Oh.” Is all I say. I look over her head at the clock to see it was already seven o’clock. I rub her back  until  she calms down. “Do you want to go get breakfast?” I ask her. She nods and I stand up, she crawls over and climbs onto my back. I chuckle at her behavior and start to walk towards the cafeteria. I can smell the bacon, French toast, pancakes, and sausage. I know Ashlen can too since she was licking her lips noisily. I laugh and swing the door open to reveal almost everyone in the pack is in there half of them already wearing clothes for today, the other half wearing their pajamas still.

I set her down and we instantly go for the bacon. “Save some bacon for us Drew!” Lila’s voice rings inside my head. I turn around to see her walking towards us with Luke, a smirk planted on her lips. “Hey guys.” She says out loud this time.

“Hey Lil.” Ashlen smiles at her.

“What am I chopped liver?!” Luke asks with a chuckle.

“No,” Ash chuckles. I grab her by the waist and we walk over to the chocolate pancakes. We each grab a couple and sit down beside Sterling.

“Who took up as Alpha?” I ask him using mind link.

“Alex let Josh since he really wanted the position.” He links back.

“Hey Drew, what are we going to do today?!” Ashlen asks.

“I don’t know. Whatever you want to do.” I tell her.

“Ashlen!!!” Lila screams. Her head jerks up from where she was stuffing a  piece of pancake in her mouth. “We’re going shopping today if you like it or not.” She tells her and Ash almost chokes on her food.

“Wh-what?! Why?!” she chokes out.

“Because I want to get a head start on dress shopping for our annual summer dance, you need a dress and I have to have your opinion. All of the prom dresses are on sale now since prom is over.” She says, pointing her fork at her as she talked.

“O-ok.” Ash’s voice is shaky as she says it, no doubt freaking out inside.  We finish eating in a chatter about the dance.

“So, what’s the theme of the dance this year?” Jessica asked.

“Las Vegas casino.” I tell her.

“Oh that sounds like fun, not to brag or anything but I’m skilled with cards.” Ash smirks. This has to be perfect for her, if this gets messed up it will ruin everything. The dance this year will be extremely important because the alpha (me) found his mate. It’s when I’m espoused to propose to her, the ring has to be perfect, Lila has to make sure  her dress is just how she wants it and fits her perfectly. The party has to be amazing, but most importantly she has to know about us and who she truly is by then. Once everyone was done I drag Lila to the side before they could go get ready.

“Lila, please make sure she gets her dream dress. Make sure she loves it please. You know what will happen at the dance and I want it to perfect for her. please help me out with this. You know how important this is” I tell her.

“Don’t worry Drew. I’m going to find out her dream way of getting engaged, I’m going to make sure she loves the dress. Everything will be fine. I will make sure of it, just don’t worry.” She says before bouncing back over to the girls.