chapter 2

Chapter 2 –

I close my eyes as his hot breath fans across my face, I open my eyes again to see his are burning into mine, the soft blue color now a hard black. "Who did this to you?!" he demands.

"How do you know someone did it to me, I could have fallen." I whimper.

"I can tell your lying Ashlen now tell me the truth!" his voice is shaken with anger and it's starting to scare me.

"M-my dad." I confess as a tear slips from my eye.

"I'm going to kill him!" he growls. He abruptly walks out and slams the door behind him he didn’t even bother to lock the door! Why does he care so much about me any ways, we just met for heaven’s sake! I curl up under the soft covers of the bed and cry, scared from Drew's anger, but mostly scared for my life.

DREWS POINT OF VIEW:

I can hear someone in the pack house, I grab our Beta’s attention, my best Friend Luke in other situations to follow me. Yes I'm the alpha of this pack... I carefully walk down the halls until I see a girl with long black hair and slightly tan skin. I can instantly smell the wolf in her; she has to be a refuge. "Luke, you’re going to grab her then I'll gag her and take her okay?" I use our mind link and he nods.

"Ready, and go!" he replies. He sneaks up behind her and slides his hand over her mouth so she can't scream. I place a strip of cloth in her mouth then tie it around her head, not taking my eyes off hers. The sparks fly from where our skin makes contact and I know right then, she was my mate.

“Luke, she’s my mate. I’ll take it from here.” I use mind link and he nods and smiles.

“Congratulations man, I’ll see you in a bit.” He links back then leaves. I take the girl to my room in the pack house and place her on my bed, leaving right after I had set her down. I run to the lounge, what used to be the gym of the old school. I find Luke sprawled out on one of the many couches. I almost clamor him and shake him by his shoulders excitedly.

“Whoa! Calm down man! There is something I need to say before you tear the house down!” he chuckles pushing me off him.

“What?” I ask suspiciously.

“You said she’s your mate, has anyone ever had a human mate before?” he says slowly.

“What are you talking about, she’s a wolf. I can smell it in her.” I state confused.

“Dude, I couldn’t smell any sign of wolf on her.” he informs me.

“You’re wrong Luke,” I shake my head violently. “I could smell it. There has to be a reasonable explanation to this.” I state controlling my temper. I flop down beside my best friend and click on the T.V. looking for my favorite show. After about an hour to let her cool down about the situation I get up to go get her some food, she looked like she hadn’t eaten in a while. I run into town and get her a plain burger, fries, and a sprite not knowing what she liked. I hurry back, still excited about finding my mate. I pull my faded red pick up to the back of the school and walk to my room; I open the door to find her still laying on the bed staring at the ceiling in thought.

“Eat, you need to.” I instruct. She does as she was told and eats. I pull the desk chair up to in front of the bed. I don’t talk until after she was done. “So, what’s your name?” I ask.

“Ashlen.” She mumbles.

“Well Ashlen, can you tell me what you’re doing on my packs land?” I ask her. she rolls her eyes when I say pack

“Look, I got lost. I ran away and I got lost. I didn’t mean to step on you and your friends’ land.” She says quietly. Does she really not know about the packs?

“Wait so you don’t know who our pack is?” I ask bewildered.

“No I don’t know who your little group of friends are, geez.” She huffs.

“Well I’ll be back in a little while, but right now you need some sleep.” I tell her and make my way to the door.

“Wait!” she calls.

“Yeah?” I raise my eyebrow.

“I never caught your name.” she admits.

“Drew” I grin and walk out the door. I run to the lounge to find Luke still in the same position I left him.