chapter 9

CHAPTER NINE

“Wait, alpha as in a leader?” Ashlen asks confused.

“Yea, we have a leader to keep everyone in line and stuff.” She covers up the almost slip.

“Who is it?” Ashlen asks me.

“You’re looking at him princess.” I smirk and she raises her eye brows.

“Oh really.” She laughs.

“Yep.” I nod my head. We finish our food in a chatter about what movies to watch. I decide on Spider man, the hobbit, abduction for the girls but mostly because it was Ashlen’s favorite and it did have a little action for the boys so they wouldn’t be too mad, then last but not least batman. Yes Batman and Spider man are the packs favorites, how many times we’ve watched it is countless. Once we had thrown our trash away I lead Ashlen back to my room to get the movies. Once we get into the room she darts for my blankets on the floor and starts to fold them up to carry.

“So, how long do movie nights normally last?” she asks.

“If we start at 8 then it normally ends at around 4. It just depends on what movies we watch.” I tell her right before Lila barges through the door.

“Ashlen these things normally don’t end till four in the morning and almost all of the girls wear pajamas to movie night so !” she announces and drags Ashlen out the door before she can say anything. I chuckle at my sisters behavior and finish folding the blankets. I throw on some plaid pajama pants and a white t-shirt. Once I was done Ashlen comes back in and shuts the door behind her most likely trying to keep my sister out. She is wearing my sisters zebra pajama pants and a black tank top and her hair is wet from taking a shower.

“Do you have any sweat shirts or something?” she asks motioning to the fading bruises on her arms. Even though you can hardly see them I still nod, whatever makes her happy. I lead her into my closet and point to my section of sweat shirts.

“They are all right there, once you found one meet me in the gym.” I tell her. she nods and I walk out of the closet and back to my room. I take all of the pillows to the lounge and start helping my pack members push all of the couches towards the back wall. All of the T.V.s where already pushed back. I start to push a couch with Luke pushing the one beside me.

I hear the door open and the scents of my mate plus my cologne that still lingered on my favorite old sweat shirt. My head snaps up to see my petite little mate in my favorite light Gray American Eagle sweat shirt carrying as many pillows as she can towards where I had laid our blankets down.

“I’m putting up the big screen Drew!” Lila yells.

“Ok!” I yell back with a chuckle.

“Hey Drew do me a favor and make sure nobody does anything to me if I fall asleep.” Ashlens soft voice says before she carelessly pushes one of the larger couches towards the back wall. For her size she is the strongest I’ve seen. She was meant to be an alpha’s mate, and I was just lucky enough to be that alpha. Once all of the couches had been moved to the back wall Ashlen starts to set up a giant pallet in the floor for us to lay on.

Once everything was set up everyone starts to slowly fill up the old gym. I convince Ashlen to go on stage with me and hold up the other two movies. The first to win is none other than Spider Man. I lay back on a mound of pillows and Ashlen sits in between my legs, leaning back on me.