☾Chapter 9☽

A/N JEEBUS! IK READS AND 80 VOTES *passes out* I'm like honestly so happy, not only are you guys reading it, XD your comments make my day~
THANK YOU SO MUCH! XOXO ~ Vi <3

Third Person POV

At the time, the trio of Dragon Slayers disregarded the noise.
Everyone was more invested in treating Akumu's wounds.

Wendy, Porlyusica, and Master Makarov sat quietly in the infirmary.
As you could've guessed, nobody else was allowed in the room at the time.
Akumu had not moved for three days.
Unknown and uncared for by Fairy Tail, Lucy Heartfilia had been missing for three days.

"...!" Porlyusica suddenly shot up and mixed together some medicinal paste.
"Why have I not thought of this?" She shook her head, adding into the mixture, herbs she had only brought just in case.
Her deadpan facial expression turned to one of disgust, the root of the problem was most likely her being surrounded by so many of mankind, which she despises.
"Say, what happened to that Heartfilia girl? I haven't seen her barking at me like the rest of this guild."

"She's not part of Fairy Tail anymore." Instead of Makarov, whom she was expecting to answer, the child healer did.
"Why is that?" The old woman was puzzled, no matter how much this rambunctious guild aggravated her, she'd grown fond of them all.
"She is the one who did this to Akumu," This time, Master was the one who gave her a reply, "therefore; she is not allowed to be here any longer."

Silence.

"Are you acting idiotic purposefully, or are you really that stupid?" Porlyusica gestured to Wendy to use her healing magic on Akumu.
"What are you talking about?"
"She may be noisy and irritating, as the rest of you, but she wouldn't do this." She then indicated to Akumu, making a point.
"That's what happened, so that shall be her punishment," Makarov's stance could not and would not budge on the matter.

"I swear... you'll be the death of me, Makarov." Porlyusica sighed, not wasting any more of her time on this.
She quickly applied the paste to Akumu's wounds, and handed the remnants to Wendy.
"In case this happens again, and I am not able to be there, you use this."
It wasn't a question, it was a demand.
Porlyusica stepped outside the infirmary, the eavesdropping Erza, Gray, and Natsu fell to the floor with a "thump".

"..filia....Dad!" Agitated murmurs filled the silence.

"Akumu!" Natsu shouted, and despite the warnings he was given, he ran straight to her.
"Na..tsu.." Aku's frail hand reached up, and Natsu's warm one held her hand in his.
"Aku.. you feelin' better?" Concern was clear in his voice.
"..mhm." Akumu nodded slowly, "Where's... Lucy?" she asked.
"You don't need to worry about her anymore, we took care of it." Natsu's voice was soft-spoken, a gentle smile formed upon his lips, simply by glancing at Akumu.
"What do you mean?" She asked, her furrowed brows showing hints of puzzlement.

"She's not a part of Fairy Tail anymore! You're safe now," He exclaimed, almost happily.
A small voice inside his head— no... his heart, spoke in hushed yet urgent tones. It only ever said one word.
"Lucy.." The name was repeated, over and over.
It yearned for the Celestial Mage.
It was strong, but unfortunately, not strong enough.

"She isn't? But.. she's our nakama!" Akumu protested, somewhat vehemently.
She was very passionate on the subject, for somebody who had only been part of the guild for about a month.
"Nah! It's fine, she'll just go find some trash to play in with her weak magic," Natsu Dragneel stated, dismissing Lucy Heartfilia with a simple wave of his hand.
Among all the nods and words of agreement, there was only one voice of reason.
Then again, it couldn't really be called reason.

Perhaps a bit of insanity.

A/N short chapter, the calm before the storm, you could say. XD And I wanna thank you guys again! Your feedback really helps! 💕
XOXO ~ Vi <3