☾Chapter 4☽

A/N I'm so happy that people are actually reading these stories of mine! Arigatooo XOXO ~ Vi <3
~•~
This chapter is dedicated to; IchigotheHedgehog <3 Thank you so much for the support! Also! 'Yosh' is an expression of excitement or enthusiasm, equivalent to saying "all right!" or "okay!" in English.

Third Person POV

We have to do something. The silent agreement was made through glances at each other. There was something up, they were sure of it. But, what?

Back at the guild, Natsu, Gray, and Erza had just finished discussing something, important, by the looks of it. Lucy sat at the far end of the bar, Happy sat with her. Her head layed on the table.

"Are you okay, Lu-shee?" Happy asked, his expression sad.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Happy. No need to worry!" Lucy put on a fake smile, for the sake of her friend. "Alright then, if you say so... I'm gonna go to Nat-zu, maybe I can talk some sense into 'im," He raised a fist in the air, to which Lucy chuckled, "You do that!" She smiled.

I wonder if Erza's any more normal than the others. Might as well find out.. Lucy thought.
She jogged up to Erza, hope rising when she saw that she smiled.

"Hey, Erza!" Lucy exclaimed. An exasperated sigh from the red-head immediately deflated her mood.
"Yes, Lucy, what do you want?" Erza asked, her voice monotone, as she rolled her eyes.

"Uh, sorry, didn't mean to annoy you.. or anything." Lucy blinked back tears; maybe everyone really had gotten tired of her. She had become such a crybaby lately.. maybe that was why. "Well, what did you want?" Erza repeats, with her hands on her hips, obviously irritated. "I just, wanted to.. say hi, I guess." Lucy glanced downwards, somehow knowing that the Requip Mage was glaring at her. "Must you have bothered me for something so trivial?" Erza raised an eyebrow, her appearance was cross.

"Right, sorry about that." Lucy replied, once again getting used to the sinking feeling of loneliness in her heart. I could always try talking to Wendy or Lisanna. She tried to force back the pure look of dismay that she was sure would come. "Oh, I'd just about forgotten! Natsu, Gray, and I had wanted to know if you would like to come on a job with us." Erza's face had gone from churlish to a more cordial look.

"Really?!" Lucy felt the weight lifted off of her, "I'd love to!" She smiled so brightly, no one would've ever believed she was the same girl who'd been ignored by so many of her friends. "Alright then, meet us at Hargeon," Erza nodded and proceeded to inform her about their meeting spot in more detail. Afterwards, she headed to where Aku was seated, talking with Wendy, and a reluctant-looking Charle. All three Exceeds had become, somewhat wary of Akumu for a reason that Lucy could not figure out for the life of her.

Hargeon, huh? Lucy smiled, a warm feeling of nostalgia rained over her. That was where she, Natsu, and Happy first met. Hehe, I can't wait! She chuckled, thinking about how Natsu had saved her just hours after they met. Things sure have changed...

"But, at least they want to acknowledge me now," Lucy thought about whether or not to change her outfit for the job. It'd be nice; maybe if she could find the pair of clothes she wore when meeting Natsu and Happy. "Yeah, I'll do that!" Lucy decided, she raced home, and raided her closet.

"Yosh! I found it!" She jumped in excitement. "Open: Gate of the Giant Crab! Cancer!" Lucy called; the Golden Zodiac Key glimmered before Cancer had appeared from his key. "Hey there, Baby." He greeted.

"Hi, Cancer! Now, I need a new hairdo!" Lucy grinned and closed her eyes, letting Cancer do his thing. "You got it, Baby."
Five minutes later, Lucy's hair was done and Cancer left back to the Spirit World, but not before giving Lucy a once-over, making sure she'd be alright.

After rushing out of her apartment, she stood in the town of Hargeon. Keeping an eye out for her friends, she opened Plue's gate.
"Yo, Lucy!" Natsu and Gray called out to her in sync, a rare occasion.
"Hey guys!" Lucy shouted back, running up to them. Her hair flowed freely, her brown eyes sparkled at the chance to go on a job with her friends again.

"Good afternoon, Lucy," Erza smiled, "We have another person on this job." Akumu was revealed to be standing behind her.
"Hi, Lucy!" Aku waved, her tone was friendly.
"Oh, hi, Aku! It's nice to see you again." Lucy replied, giving Akumu a warm welcome.

"So, are you ready to get going?" Erza asked them all, Happy flew in front of Lucy, "Aye! Lucy.. I need to talk to you." Happy whispered the following sentence in Lucy's ear.
"Can it wait, Happy? I really wanna go on this job." Lucy whispered back.
"I don't think it can." Happy's voice was strangely serious.

"Well, it'll have to! I promise I'll hear you out later!" She chuckled and turned towards the others.
"What got you to decide to take me with you?" Lucy inquired, her curiosity peaking through.
She was grateful for getting to go, but she did however, want to know why they invited her in the first place.
"We wanted to let you go as a goodbye-job, I guess." Gray answered, shrugging it off.
"Besides! We let Aku come so she could get a feel for what the rest of the jobs with this team will be like!" Natsu grinned his silly little grin.
"Mhm." Erza nodded, Happy looked down, this was what he wanted to warn Lucy about.

"You... what? What do you mean 'good-bye' job?! And what about Aku?!" Lucy was now panicked, Good-bye?!
"Yeah, like your last job with us, we didn't want to just kick you off the team.." Natsu said it as if it was obvious.
"Plus, since Akumu will be taking part on jobs with us as a team, might as well bring her on a pre-job, right?" Gray asked-- actually, more like stated matter-of-factly.

Time seemingly froze for Lucy. She couldn't believe this was happening. They're kicking her off the team..?!
Tears pricked Lucy's eyes. But.. why?! What had she done wrong?!

"Forget it.." Lucy mumbled, Happy glanced at her sadly, "Lu-shee...?" He flew to Lucy's side cautiously.
"I said, forget it!" Lucy bolted away from them, tears blurring her vision.

A/N Phew! Drama timeee! I can be a real sadist when it comes to writing sometimes.. you'll see that trait come into play soon. Just a warning Stay tuned! Next time on Dragon Ball-- I mean Fairy Tail! XOXO ~ Vi