☾Chapter 2☽

A/N Holy Zeref (haha... see what I did there? Ahhh... I'm lame.), it's been forever! Anyways, I've basically explained the storyline to Mai, so she can help get updates out faster c; XOXO ~ Vi <3
~•~
I'm better at writing than Vi anyways >;3 ~ Mai-san
~•~

Third Person POV

Ever since Lisanna's welcome-back party, everybody had been acting so strangely, or at least, that's what Lucy thought.
They'd been- not ignoring exactly, but distant. Even Natsu had avoided her a few times.
But, why...? Just a week or two ago, Lucy and Natsu had exchanged promises.

[Flashback]

It was the anniversary of her beloved mother's death. Lucy had a bouquet of Lilacs in her hand, her mom's favorite flowers.
Although she was ready to give her respects, she just felt so... desolate.
It was normal, she supposed, acting like this over her mother's death.

But, she couldn't seem to move. She stayed there, laying her head on a table at the guild hall.
"--Luce! Lucy!" A familiar voice jolted her out of her thoughts.
"Huh? Natsu?" Her eyes, slightly red and puffy from crying looked up.
"What's wrong, Luce?" He asks, gently patting Lucy's head.

"I don't know... it's just, today's my mother's death anniversary.." Lucy replied sullenly.
"I could go with you, if you want that is! I didn't mean to pry... I just thought you might want some company is all!" Natsu rambles on, rather cutely, Lucy thought.
He made extravagant hand gestures, to which Lucy giggled a bit.
"Hehe, you finally smiled." He gave that goofy grin of his, and Lucy couldn't help but finding herself returning the favor.

"Thanks Natsu, for making me smile." Lucy smiled and looked up at Natsu.
"Anytime, Luce! I'll always be around, got that?" He chuckled and gave her a thumbs up.
"Promise?" Lucy laughed a little, grateful to have a best friend like Natsu.
"Promise! Forever." Natsu stuck his tongue out at her, making her laugh even more.
A loud voice in the background could be heard, saying, "He liiiiiiiikes you~"

"Thanks again, Natsu." Lucy gave Natsu a quick hug.
Natsu hugged back, albeit, awkwardly and accidentally placed his hand on Lucy's... well, her butt.
"Natsu," Lucy stated calmly.
"...yeah, Luce?" He asked tentatively, knowing what was about to come.
"Get your hand. Off of my butt, before I punch you into next week." She smiled innocently.

"It was an a-accident! I'm sorry!" Natsu exclaimed, looking terrified.
"It's still there."
"It's still an accident!"

"Natsu Dragneel. What do you think you're doing with Lucy?" The red-headed Requip Mage asked from behind them.
"Oh shi-" Natsu muttered, resigning to his fate.

[Flashback End]

Little to say it ended with Erza's sword in contact with Natsu's face.
But, it wasn't that long ago, what changed? Now Natsu barely looked at her without rushing away, making some excuse about how he was 'busy'.
In fact, everyone did, even Wendy and Levy!
Well, everyone but her spirits, and the Exceeds. At least they still seemed to like her.

Just the other day, when Lucy had summoned Virgo, saying the Maiden Spirit was shocked would be an understatement.
"What happened, Princess? Why is it that everybody's ignoring you?"

Everyone she summoned would have a question like that, and one day, Loke decided to just ask them.
"Hey, Natsu! Why're you guys treating Lucy so, weirdly?"
Before Natsu could answer Loke, a girl walked into the guild hall.

"Excuse me? I'd like to see your master." She said politely, even bowing.
"Would you please address what you would like to speak to him about first?" Erza took charge like usual.
"Well, I'd like to join Fairy Tail." She replies, smiling.
"Oh, I see, well go on then. Master Makarov's office is down that way." Erza smiles back at the girl, and gives her directions.

About 10 minutes later, the girl comes back with a guild stamp.
A pink one, on the back of her right hand.
Immediately Natsu greets her, acting as if he'd known her for a while.
It hurt for Lucy to watch, honestly.
Happy and Charle flew to her, "What's with Nat-zu, Lu-shee?" He asked, tilting his head.
"Yes, he's acting rather strangely... in fact, Wendy is too." Charle adds, tapping her chin.

"I don't know you guys.. it's been like this for a while." Lucy replies, glancing at Natsu for moment before diverting her eyes once more to the Exceeds.
"Hello Happy, Charle, Lucy." Pantherlily flies with them as well.
"Oh hey, Lily." Lucy smiles a bit.
"Does Gajeel seem, I don't know, off? To you guys?" Lily asks, concern for his friend cracking his calm composure.

"It seems as if everybody is off lately..." A voice calls out from behind Lucy.
She didn't have to turn around to guess who it was.
"I know, Big Brother, they seem to be annoyed by Princess's presence." Another voice says.
"I agree too. I-I'm sorry!" A timid one says as well.

Without turning, Lucy asks, "Loke, Virgo, Aries... what are you guys doing here?"
"We wanted to make sure you were okay, Lucy. I'm sorry!" Aries dipped her head, apologizing for no reason, as she often did.
"Aries is right, we also had an announcement.. but that can wait." He smiles a little.
"Would you like us to do anything for you, Princess?" Virgo inquired, looking intently at Lucy.

"It's fine, really! You guys don't have to worry about me. What is it you were gonna tell me?" Her eyes directed towards Loke's arm.
Placed around Aries' shoulder!
Aries was blushing, and a delicate smile graced her pale features.
"Wait a minute... are you guys together?!" Lucy's eyes went wide when she saw Loke and Aries share a quick hug.
"Wow! I was always rooting for this to happen!" Happy exclaimed, "That way, Lu-shee and Nat-zu can be together!"

Charle and Pantherlily smiled, slightly confused since they were still fairly new to the guild.

"Aww. Should I punish them, Princess?" Virgo stares at Lucy, probably knowing the answer already.
"Are you kidding?! This is great news!" Lucy hugged them, "I'm so happy for you guys!"
"Thanks Lucy, we knew you'd be happy." Loke smiled.
"Well, Princess, I believe we have to get going now... we have a party to plan." Virgo gave a huge grin, which is sort of uncommon for her.
"We could ask the Spirit King if you can attend, if you want. I'm sorry!" Aries smiled though, even when she apologized.

"No, it's fine," Lucy's expression went somber for a millisecond, she didn't want to bring down their mood with her own, "you guys just have as much fun as you can, got it?" She faked a smile, she was sincerely happy for her friends, but she just couldn't seem to give an authentic smile.
"Alright, Luce, if you say so." Loke says, loud enough for Natsu to hear.
They knew that Natsu hated when anybody but himself calls Lucy, Luce.

This time, he had no reaction, whatsoever. Helooked at Loke for a second, then turned away, back to his conversation with Akumu.
He looked like he was having such a good time...
Maybe everyone just.. doesn't like me anymore.
Lucy blinked back tears, remembering that the Exceeds and her spirits were still there.

She didn't want them to worry, plus, she didn't want to ruin their happiness with her trival problems either.
Happy glanced at her sadly, "Lu-shee?" He asked.
"Hm? Yeah, what is it Happy?" She replied, discreetly wiping her tears away.
"Are you sad because of Nat-zu?"
"What are you talking about? I'm perfectly fine!" Lucy's voice cracked at the worst possible time.

Virgo, Aries, Loke, Charle, Happy, and Lily all looked at her with gloom evident on their faces.
"Hey, Lucy, right?" A voice asked.

A/N I think that's a good place to stop! How about you? XD
Mai : Meh, could've been better.
Me : I didn't ask you ;-;

~•~
Next Update ~ Tara : Sister of Gohan
~•~