One

Umit

"Get back here you street rat!"

I run away from the raging men of the Garrison corps. I take sharp turns through the busy market passing by the crowd. In my arms are a few loafs of bread that I snagged from the idiotic pigs. Looking back I see them having trouble trying to keep up with the crowd blocking their way. I grin to myself as I jump up a tower of crates stacked against a old building. I hop in through the window and land in a old bedroom. Peeking out I saw the men frustrated as they lost me.

I laugh to myself mostly at their stupidity. Looking down at my prize in my arms I grin quite satisfied. Taking a bite out of one of the stolen goods I throw myself into the worn out bed that squeaks at my weight.

I stare up at the ceiling in a daze, remembering my old life with my patents in a real house,in a real comfortable bed,and real food to satisfy my hunger. It has been five years since that day,when humanities nightmare became a reality.

Five years ago

I was running around outside of my house playing with the neighboring children. Mama was tending to the chores humming to herself. Pops was just returning home from his busy day at work. It was just your ordinary day in Shinganshi,or so it appeared at first.

Next thing we know is that a shadow hovers over half the houses in our area. Looking over the wall was a titan whose body was nothing more then muscle. Mama takes hold of me and father follows behind sensing that we needed to leave.

All around us was in slow motion in a pregnant silence. Rubble flies quickly across the city hitting anyone or any thing. We were so close that we were almost swept away by the sudden powerful wind from the titans foot that he used to break the wall.

I looked back to see a swarm of titans entering through the large hole. People panicked for they had the right to as they fled. My parents headed straight for the the ferry where many gathered. As we drew near we heard my papa's terrified cries. A titan had caught him.

" Ger-Gerald! "Mama gasps to see her love in the monsters clutches.

"Go Estelle, Go!"

Was his final words to mama who cried rivers of tears but did as told and ran as fast as her legs could carry her. The sound of papa's body being devoured sent a cold shiver down my spine as warm tears began to take form.

As we continued on mana tripped causing us to fall and roll away from one another. I quickly sit up to see if mama was alright,but to my horror she wasn't. The fall wasn't accidental, no it was internationally caused by a larger eyed titan. It picks her up by her feet, dangling her upside down as it stared at her as if wondering what to do with her.

"Ma-"

"Run Umit!Run!"

"Mama." I stood there paralyzed. My body refused to live while my mind yells at me to flee.

"Its going to be okay, honey. Go,please, I love you too much for you to watch."

With that I run as her screams of her painful demise echoes in with the cries of terror.

I made it on to the one of the ferries just before they declared for departure. People scream and plead to come on board but the ferries could only carry so many. A few jump from the platform and onto the boats a few didn't make it though. As the boat moved to the safety of Wall Rose, the images of my parents rolled through my mind as tears falls to the wooden deck. I then knew I was on my own.

Present

I wake up to see the sun going down. Tears stained my face as I wipe off the remaining salty drops. Pulling myself together I look out to see if there was anyone worthy to rob for the night.

Down below there were only a few amounts of people either going to the near by tavern or return home from their jobs. I then spot a couple of interesting characters, they wore cloths around their shoulders with hoods on their heads. I wonder if they got anything worth trading? With that in mind I set out for a little scavenger hunt.

.........................................................
A/N

Umit means "Hope" in German. Estelle means "Star" in French.
Gerald means "Rules by the Spear"in German.

*you could say Umit is half French and half German.