sixteen.

Y/N POV

After Caleb and AJ went back to Texas things took an interesting turn. Caleb got an amazing job out here in LA so he and AJ moved out here. AJ was happy about the move because she was living in Hollywood and she didn't live far away from me.

I got my first big check and I took it and bought myself a new house. I tried to buy my parents a house out here in California but they didn't want me to. They've lived in Texas for a very long time and they didn't want to leave, plus my mom didn't want have to pack all of Braxton's stuff and move it. So as a nice gift I sent my parents on a nice cruise to the Bahamas for a few weeks.

My album was still doing well on the charts and I've performed a series of sold-out concerts in California. I've been on different talks shows and doing lots of promo for the album. The best interview I had was when I got to go on the Ellen show. She was so chill and I got to perform for her.

Right now I'm backstage in hair and makeup getting ready to go onstage. Usually I'm excited about performing but tonight I'm not feeling it. AJ comes into my dressing room and sits in my lap. "Mama your hair looks really pretty." AJ said.

"Thanks babygirl. You always know how to make me feel better." I said.

After my stylist was done with my hair and make up, I put on my outfit. While I was getting dressed I was thinking about all the songs I was gonna l perform but the last song was the one that had me nervous. It was a song I wrote after having a meltdown about my brother.

*flashback*

I had just gotten settled into my new home. AJ was in her room practicing her drumming with Naomi and Jessie was downstairs in the kitchen baking cookies with Ally. I finished breaking the last cardboard box and tossed it aside. I sat down in at my desk and opened the Skype application. Since I had a minute to catch my breath I decided to give Braxton a call.

I promised my big brother I would call him once I got settled in. The plan was once he got home from Iraq he would come out here to visit me and we would catch up. When I clicked on his Skype contact I sat back and waited for him to answer. After minutes of patiently waiting I got nothing. I tried to call him on Skype a few more time but I couldn't reach him.

So I facetimed him thinking maybe I would have some luck but I got nothing. My heart started to beat a little faster and I started getting shaky. I sent Braxton Rob's of messages and he didn't reply at all. I started screaming because I thought something bad had happened to Braxton.

I fell to the floor and began to sob uncontrollably. Jessie ran into the room and wrapped me in her arms. "He's not picking up Jessie. He won't answer my calls." I said.

"Who Y/N?" Jessie asked.

"Braxton." I said sadly.

"I'm so sorry Y/N, but Braxton passed away." Jessie said.

Hearing those words felt like someone took the breath out of my lungs. My big brother was gone. So the funeral wasn't something I made up in my head, the casket I saw was the one holding my brother, all of it was real.

"He wasn't supposed to die that way. He was supposed to come home and start a life." I said then cried even harder.