thirty-six.

i walk into dj's house around 5:00p.m. hes sleeping so i sit down next to him. in attempt to wake him up, i kiss him and lightly shake him, whispering, "its time to wake up, baby."

he sits up and completely lashes out. he starts yelling, "charlotte, why the fuck would you think its okay for you to wake me up!" "i thought you would want to spend some time with your girlfriend!"

he brings his arms upward and pushes me, making me fall back on the couch. "don't fucking put your hands on me, david!" i stand up and push him back, making him fall back this time.

"how dare you push me!" david exclaims, anger raising in his body. he stands back up and towers over me.

"push me again! fucking push me again, david!" i yell back in his face lightly pushing back his shoulders, "push me again, pussy! you did it before, do it again!" i provoke.  

he shakes his head and tears began to fall, "do not push me, charlotte. do not provoke me. i am your boyfriend, you treat me with love and respect, you slut!" i laugh, "you don't scare me, david." he grabs my wrists and turns me so my back is against his front. his hand is tightly wrapped around my neck, choking me.

"do i scare you now, baby?" he whispers in my ear. i shake my head no. he lets go of my neck and pushes me to the ground. dj's hands snake back around my neck while e sits on top of my back. he lifts my head off of the ground, slams it back down, lifts, slams, lift , slams.

i can feel blood oozing on my face. i gain enough strength to flip us over. sitting on top of him, i throw several punches at his face. "don't fucking touch me!" i yell "don't fucking touch me!" i grab my stuff and get ready to leave.

making my way to davids front door, i hear foot steps. he catches up to me but, this time with a knife.

"whos sam?" he asks, pushing me against the front door while he grips the knife tightly in his hand. i swallow, "my ex."

he laughs, "whos jack?" i look down, "my ex."

he shakes his head, laughing once again, "whos nate?" tears begin to fall, "we used to mess around, it was nothing."

"oh, charlotte, you whore. i didn't want to have to do this. i thought you were the old charlotte, innocent but, now youre just a slut." he spits, "but once a slut, always a slut." he grabs my wrist and cuts it, "remember when you used to do this?" he cuts and cuts ad cutes until my wrist in covered entirely in blood. he moves to the other one and does the same thing.

im crying and squirming as he continues to push me against the door and cut me. i free my foot from under his and bring my knee to his manhood. he falls back and i successfully escape.

making it into my car, i drive to the hospital and call the only person i can think of.

sam.

"hello?" his voce rings through the speaker.

i sniffle and catch my breath, "sam, im in trouble, big time. please, please help me."

"char? whats going on? are you okay?" his voice sounds worried and i don't blame him.

"no, sam. i was at dj's and he freaked for no reason. we got in a very, very physical fight, punching, kicking, choking, the whole nine yards. i tried to escape and he - he pushed me up against the door. he was asking me questions and he had a knife. he - he a - um he cut my wrists. he asked me if i remembered when i used to do it. im covered in blood and im on my way to the closest hospital."

his voice is hoarse, like hes crying, "wheres the hospital?"

"the lower manhattan hospital. im here and im about to check in."

"ill be there, char, ill be there." he whispers.

"sam, if i - if i don't make it, i love you. i love you so much, sam. you've made my life worth while. please, please be strong for me. you mean the world to me, sam. i love you and i will always love you no matter what happens. everyone thought you were the worst type of trouble but, to me, you were the best. i guess the tables have turned, sam, i guess im the real trouble, what a pain in the ass i am."

"char, char, don't say this. i love you, char, don't go. i love y-"

i fall backwards and my eyes close. i successfully croak out the words ive been waiting to say my whole life, "i love you, samuel howard wilkinson, i love you until death do us part."

|-/ authors note |-/

THIS IS THE END OF TROUBLE. THERE MIGHT BE AN EPILOUGE BUT IDK. I HOPE YUOU GUYS LOVED THIS EMOTIONAL ROLLERCAOSTER OF A STORY BECAUSE I LOVED WRITING IT. LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!