Chapter 18

"Before you shout on me let me tell you all that I do not when you all changed your decision. I was not there at that time so I submitted the old sheets. I am sorry Divya Di I never meant to hurt you or anyone of you" Preetisha explained before anyone could confront her.

No said a word after that. Few things happen just to break and here this group broke. Everyone including Shreya became silent which made Ankith and Preetisha go mad. "Shreya you know I never lie to you na! Do you trust me? I am sorry" Preetisha looked into her best friends eyes to read but its not her cup of tea. "Preet you need not say sorry for me. Whatever happens you are my friend. But your stupid act broke a girl's dream, it broke a strong girls heart, a strong group broke. Thats all I can say" Shreya said that and left.

Slowly everything started being normal as Vaishali's parents accepted for her badminton and she is happy staying with her parents. But Shreya knew that everything will not be same in this school again. Unity and trust broke which are difficult to form again. All seniors were busy in planning their career and others are sad as they will miss their mentors. "Shreya your cry baby is badly hurt go and check him" Ankith came running towards them. "Cry baby? Who?" Preet and Shreya asked in unison. "Nishanth . ." Ankith started laughing vigorously. Shreya punched him hard and asked reason. "I was joking stupid, he needed your help in some project. From morning he is going mad with it" Ankith answered and Shreya paced away.

"What is going on Mr.Ankith? You sent your best friend alone, that too to your enemy Nishanth?" Preet asked in a surprised tone. "He is not my enemy. He is so sweet so I used to be jealous of him. You know Preet I am possessive about Shreya. I always thought I will loose her but someone very special here made me realize my mistake. So I am correcting them" he held Preet near him and started walking looking into her eyes.

- - - - 

"Preet I think you should confess your feelings to Anki . . Soon they will leave school. Later on even we will be busy right?" Shreya suggested. "Shre how do you know?" Preet shreiked.   "Are you mad? Its all written on your face, you cant hide things from me dear. Why do you think I am leaving you both alone?" Shreya questioned. Then realization hit Preet "So we need not make lame excuses before you now" she winked and Shreya banged her head.

- - - 

Shreya is totally engrossed in her studies. Both her best friends had no time for her and she did not complain as they will be missing each other. She was called to auditorium suddenly making her leave her work in middle. She gasped looking at stage and all students there. Riddhi, Principal and all staff stood on stage and even Divya was present. "We have conflict between whom to select as next head girl. Riddhi and Divya had voiced their opinions and now you students will help us" Principal announced. "Sir, you help us by saying  between whom you are so confused?" someone shouted. "Well Its between Preetisha Bansal and Shreya" he answered. Shreya felt earth under her feet crashing but some how she stood at corner. 

"Sir you decided it long ago that it will be Shreya. Now why this confusion?" Jai asked politely. "I agree. But many of your problems were solved by Preetisha. Remember the harassing chemistry faculty last year, if she might ave not pressurized to look into the matter still you people would be suffering" he said sternly. Yes, last year even Nishanth and Shreya who loved chemistry dreaded the lectures because of their monster lecturer who would torture them. Shreya vowed not to take chemistry in her career which she loved. Preetisha complained regularly, she made other staff attend the classes secretly to prove how he takes class.

Everyone accepted it. "Then why you are confused Sir, you can select Preetisha easily"  Karan, sports head of school suggested. "Shreya fulfilled all responsibilities which were given to her. She is a gem and knows how to handle difficult situations" Princi answered. "She cannot play sports, she just sings and writes which everyone here can do" Ankith shouted. Shreya stood like a statue with blank look. "Preetisha is all rounder" someone said. It continued like that. Even Shreya's volunteering at Peace Organization was termed as foolishness in that discussion. Finally Preetisha was made head girl as Riddhi handed her the responsibilities.

- - - 

Shreya, Nishanth, Jai, Riddhi and Divya were sitting at a canteen. "I knew this would happen that is why I came here" Divya smashed a plate. "Di dont get hyper" Nishanth calmed her. Everyone were happy at school but these four dragged Shreya out. "It does not matter to me. You guys do not worry" Shreya said. "It matters Shre . . its a roll of honor you know. It will help you in future to progress" Divya tried explaining. "No, our talent and capabilities matter. I am not hurt for not getting it. The reasons which everyone showed were awkward. How can they accuse me? For supporting someone you need not hurt others" Shreya said with a worried look. "All guys were mad of her beauty and girls wanted to be her friends. That is why they spoke whatever came out of their mouth" Riddhi said clinching her fists. "That bloody fool Ankith, he back stabbed you Shre" Jai banged table. "Shreya please save me from their anger" Nishanth pouted. "We are not angry on you" they said at a time. "Then why are you showing it here. Lets enjoy our time, we will not get it again" Nishanth explained. 

"So one by one tell me your career and personal future plans" Divya asked. "I will be doing designing " Riddhi said. "You all know I want to be in armed forces. But my Mom gave a big NO as I am their only child. So I will be a cop" Jai answered. "I got seat in prestigious university here. I will be a chemical engineer" Nishanth sad proudly. "Shreya you answer now, we never knew what you wanted to do" Riddhi asked with excitement. "I will be joining in the same university as Nishanth but not for engineering" Shreya said calmly. "What? You will join in business degree. Its very difficult to get seat there" Nishanth shouted. "Then why do you think I am studying this hard? And I came to know many of my flaws too. I have to correct them" Shreya mumbled.

"Good to know guys. I bless you all reach heights and pray god to make you happy. I will not be here so you four always stay together and support each other" Divya said warmly. "Divya Di except for you three I do not talk to any other girls. I do not know how will I manage without you" Nishanth made a puppy face. "You are m brave boy. You will handle" Divya assured. "If Riddhi accepts me then I need not worry like him" Jai said casually but closed his eyes when he realized what he said. They all just bursted into laughter seeing each others expressions.

 . . . . .. . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Long chapter and filler too. Next will be last of flashback. Please tell your opinion

Thank you

Please vote and comment