Chapter 17

Shreya got confused not knowing what's happening around . . she finally spot Nishanth, Divya and Riddhi sitting under a tree and ran towards them. "Hey why are all so excited? What happened?" Shreya asked them. "Do you remember Preetisha?" Divya asked. "Now they are friends di, why wouldn't she know her" Nishan said smiling. "But definitely she does not know  that she joined our school" Riddhi added. "What? You mean Preetisha in our school?!!" Shreya exclaimed. Looking at her expression they all started laughing but still she is in shock. 

"Surprise!!!!" Preetisha shouted and gave her a tight hug. "Look at her face Preet . . " Ankith who came with her started laughing. "You here? . . why? . ." Shreya stuttered. "This school is best one and my previous one was far so changed" Preet answered. "What if you loose a competition here because of me?" Shreya asked making everyone around her surprised. "My ego or attitude problems will never affect our friendship dear, Its my promise" Preet assured. 

Soon Preetisha became part of their group, but these three became more close as the days passed. They found a beautiful place with a big rock under an old tree with greenery all around, they chose this place to spend their time. One day they made a decision and . . ."We will support each other at any moment in our lives, will love each other and cherish these moments all our life" they promised by joining their hands. Shreya,Ankith,Preetisha best friends forever they shouted by seeing the beautiful work done by Ankith who engraved it on rock using all his skills . . Best moment in our life . ."  From then they named that day as promise day and celebrated it.

Even Preetisha's parents became friends with Ankith and Shreya's parents. They were happy to see change in attitude of Preetisha, she started handling her emotions well. Being friend of cool headed Shreya has these effects :) . . .Preetisha helped Shreya in being confident of whatever she does and now Ankith became more responsible.

. .

Life is always not we want, There are many twists and turns which we never expect. After all that is the beauty of life . . Everyday something new happens . .makes us laugh, cry and what not. But at last all these are beautiful experiences and lessons in the journey of life. We are here to make memories and cherish every moment, what may happen let the beautiful smile on your face do the fight . . 

As the days were passing Shreya observed growth of likeness between her two friends. She decided to give them some privacy by making some or the other excuses in name of library, project, learning & helping Nishanth . . .its working. Her idea was right and she patted her back. But slowly Ankith and Preetisha started avoiding her. There is difference between being avoided and being away by our self. Shreya is hurt but still happy for her friends.

. . . 

During their lunch break Shreya was searching for Jai (Ankith and Riddhi's classmate, friend) as its rakshabandhan. Unlike others they do not have holiday that day. But she found her group in a worried state and went to them. She was more than shocked to see Divya in tears. "Divya di what happened? Why are you crying? I never saw you crying? oh . .your brother is not coming home this year too?" Shreya started questioning with tears in her eyes. "Shhh . . easy Shreya. Dont cry" Riddhi rubbed her back. "Shreya whom did we nominate for badminton?" Divya asked wiping her tears. "First we thought Preetisha but after Vaishali di got permission from her parents we nominated her" Shreya answered. 

"Do you know Preetisha submitted the old one to the sports committee which has her name?" Divya asked her in a stern tone. "How can she do this? Lets go and give the new one as the latest prevails" Shreya shouted. "Its already late, they have forwarded it and we cant change anything" one of the group member answered. "Does Vaishali know this?" Shreya asked. "Yes, she came to know this and left school. Its her dream to be a badminton player. With much difficulty her parents agreed but now. . ." Jai stopped continuing. Everyone know that Divya and Vaishali are like twin sisters, now vaishali's dream is broken making all of them restless.

"I am moving with my parents, so I am leaving this school" Vaishali came suddenly and announced. All stood there like statues not knowing what to speak. "Will you be happy with that?" Divya asked her. "Ha Divya, as I will be with my parents. I will join in my Dad's friends school so no problem in getting admission" vaishali said with a faint smile. "Badminton?" all of them asked at a time. "Well its not in my hands. First I have to get adjusted there and concentrate on my studies then will see about it" she said in convincing tone. They all bid her bye halfheartedly. Only Divya knows that her dream will not be fulfilled ever now. 

"Now we all are not there with her, so she cant even fight for her dream" Divya said in disgust. "NO, wherever she is we all are with her. From here also we can convince her parents. What say guys? Deal?" Nishanth extended his palm and all the group joined hands making their leader Divya happy. "Now come on Jai, let me tie rakhi" Shreya ordered. "I thought you forgot babe" Jai whined. "Never, I am your only sister na?" . . "Ya . .God's gift" all the group had fun at last.

Shreya was lost in thoughts about Preetisha . .How can she be so selfish? She did not face me from morning dont know what she is hiding? Because of her I saw a strong heart breaking, someone is on verge of loosing her dream. She broke groups unity for her benefit. Divya handed over all her decision making powers as a head girl to the school management. All these happened only because of Preetisha . . 

. . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .. . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

What do you guys think? Do not hate me for this :)

Thank you 

Please vote and comment