"Will you come outside with me?" He whispered.

I nodded softly, and he took my hand, leading me to the back of the building. It had started to snow, the first of the season, and I marveled at the fresh smell.

"Because I'm in love with you, Hermione."

Draco

"Because I'm in love with you, Hermione."

Her eyes widen, before she glares at me. No. Why is she angry? I love her!

"Don't lie to me," she growls.

"I'm not lying," I insist. "I'm in love with you!"

"Don't say that! Don't say that, that's not true!" She says loudly. Her eyes shine with tears.

The snowflakes in her hair and resting on her eyelashes made this seem like a cliche scene in a movie.

She looked perfect in the dim light behind the restaurant, and it took everything I had in me not to kiss her right then.

But in the now, I don't understand what I did wrong.

"But... But I love you."
God, I was so confused.
"No! No, you don't! You might think you do, but you don't! You don't understand love! You've never felt love! You don't love people the way I do, the way Ginny and Harry love each other, the way Ronald apparently loves Lavender Brown! You don't understand what it's like to be crushed, to have your heart broken so terribly you forget how to breathe! You don't know what it's like to have someone tell you that they don't want you around anymore! You never will! I just... God." She takes a deep breath, a single tear tracing its way down her perfect face.

She runs a hand through her beautiful hair. "I-I'm so sorry, I didn't mean that, I just-" I cut her off, stepping towards her.

She stares into my eyes. I reach my hand up to flick away the tear on her cheek, and she closes her eyes. "You're wrong," I say. Her eyes remain closed. "I have been crushed before." Her eyelids flicker, and her lip begins to tremble.

I know that she understands what I meant.

She crushes me, every day of my life when I wake up and I see her and I forget how to breathe.

"I didn't realize that Weasley and Brown were a thing now," I whisper.

She lets out a little laugh through her tears. "Neither does he, but Ginny and I see it. I mean, the way he looks at her is nothing like the way he used to look at me, it's actually more like the way you look at me...." She is silent, realizing what she just said.

"Now do you believe me?" I ask her.

She nods a little. "Yes." Her word ends in a slight gasp as I reach down to take her hands in mine. They hang low by our hips, but we reach them up and take each other by the face.

She opens her eyes for the first time since telling me she was sorry. I get lost in them, in their secrets, in the feelings they hold.

And I kiss her.

I kiss her for the first time since she kissed me under the influence of medication after she had hit her head at the dance.

I kissed her for the first time since I had made the mistake of doing it again in our common room and she had run off. But this time, it was magical.

"Wait!"

Oh Merlin.

"What, what's wrong?"

"I'm still angry with you," she reminded me. "Not only did you wipe my memory, but you lied to me, and I hate liars."

"Okay, okay, you're absolutely right. And I'm so, so sorry. You know I feel awful about it," I pause, and the silence hangs in the air.

"So, are you still mad at me?"

She groaned. "Kind of hard to be when you keep agreeing with me."

I smirked. "I agree."

She smacked my arm lightly. "Stop it!"
She smiled, and I smiled.

I pulled her to me gently, tilting her chin up and bringing her lips to mine.
"I love you," she mumbled against my mouth.

I was shocked. This was the first time she had said it to me.

"I love you more." I held her tighter to me. "And I always will."
She looked up curiously, meeting my eyes. "Always?"

I brushed my lips against hers one more time.

"Always."

I do believe I have finished breaking all your hearts for tonight! No school tomorrow!

Also, this chapter is dedicated to my greatest supporter, the person who yells at me and decides when I'm doing shit wrong. To CHLOE! <3