CHAPTER 8

CHAPTER 8

"Keep up Prep girl!" Matt shouted a few feet in front of me.

I huffed and kicked a rock. It wasn't my intention to actually kick the rock to Matt's direction, but it did and it hit his leg.

"Ow!" he yelped and looked back at me. "What's that all about?"

What was that all about? It's for not doing what we agreed about. It's about not waking me up. You should've woken me up so you could have slept. But you didn't. You decided that it was better if you slept a foot or two beside me. But I didn't tell him that. He must be sick of hearing that over and over again from me. I just shrugged while he continued to lead the way back to the clearing.

Last night was quite an uncomfortable night due to the lack of mattress and pillows. Atleast I still slept even for a few hours. I was still half asleep and my eyes were still closed when I felt someone's presence not too far away from my waking self. The moment I opened my eyes, I saw somebody's back. I instantly screamed. I don't know why I did that and I was surely overreacting that time, but who cares? It's just an instant reflex.

The person immediately sat up and scrambled in the tent due to my ear-piercing scream.

"Wha- wha- whaaaat..." he said groggily. He squinted his eyes and looked at me with confusion. "What the hell are you screaming about?"

"Why in the world are you sleeping?" I snapped back.

"Because I felt like it." He answered in a 'duh' tone. "I didn't know it was already illegal to sleep nowadays."

He was mocking me. I stood up and got out the tent.

"You were supposed to wake me up! We were supposed to take turns! Why didn't you do that!? Why didn't you wake me up!? And you decided to sleep inside the same tent with me, instead. Aaaaaargh!" I started yelling ang stomping my feet on the ground, like a little kid expriencing tantrums.

I heard him chuckle and looked his way. He was almost out of the tent with his head peeping out. I saw him forcing himself not to laugh at my sudden outburst. I responded with a death glare that instantly changed his expression.

"Seriously? You're getting mad over that thing?"

I raised an eyebrow as I looked at him in a challenging way.

"It's not like I did anything to you. I didn't even touch you. Hell, I wasn't even that close to you."

"How can you or I be sure of that? We were both asleep, remember? And why didn't you just wake me up? That's what we agreed upon."

He groaned and stood up. His hand raked his hair in frustration.

"Because..." he began.

"Because what?" I asked impatiently.

"Because you were sleeping so soundly that I was afraid you'll get pissed off if I wake you up. And you looked so tired."

"And you didn't think I'd get irritated if a guy just sleeps within my proximity?"

"I haven't thought of that..."

"Aaaaargh!" I groaned.

He just sighed and went on to fix up the tent.

We headed back to the clearing a few moments later. With my frequent mumbling and stone-kicking, it wasn't quite a peaceful walk back.

When we reached the clearing, we saw that several obstacle courses were put up. Maybe those were for the games that we'll be playing today.