Moving out

HARRY (age 18)

"Have you got plates?" Harry asked, and then scoffed. "Of course you do I bought them with you. Okay, sunscreen?" I attempted to answer once more only to be cut off. "Yes I packed that. What about-" I yelled my brother's name, perhaps louder than needed, only a teeny bit smug about being the one to interrupt. "I've got everything. We've checked your list three times. Everything's ready." I said. Harry fish-mouthed at the notebook in his hands, and it took me a few beats to realize his bottom lip was wobbling. "Haz," I whispered, unsure, as your brother sniffled. "I was my hoping to keep you for a bit longer," he admitted hoarsely, wiping quickly at his eyes. "Hazza," I said sadly. "It's stupid," Harry said, chuckling wetly, but he still wasn't smiling. "I won't be far away. I'll visit all the time, okay? We can have one day a week where I come over and you can make me dinner. That sound good?" I asked with a small smile. Harry's eyes sparkled ridiculously. "You'll come over?" he asked hopefully, and he seemed so small was the thing. All pigeon- toed and slumped shoulders. "Of course. Now c'mere. Gimme a hug." i said opening my arms wide.Harry shuffled to me quickly, threw his arms around my neck, and pulled i close. "There we go."