Charles Is Either PMSing, Or He's Got A Rock In His Shoe

Start from the beginning

I crack a grin. “That’s what I keep asking myself.” Edward chuckles silently while everybody else has smiles on their faces, except Charles of course. What is with him?

Clinton clears his throat, and all attention goes to him. “I, um, guess…I um…”

“Spit it out!” I encourage.

“I’m sorry for bringing you into this mess!” He says in one big rush. I blink at him. Did he really just apologize, or am I dreaming?

“Your not dreaming!” He snaps, making me frown.

“Stop reading my thoughts! They’re personal!”

He smirks then turns to Henry and slaps him on the head. “Ow!” He sighs. “Fine, fine.” He looks at me. “Sorry I didn’t stop Clinton.” He mumbles shyly.

“Yeah, from what I recall you were kicking dirt.” I laugh, Bart joining in.

Bart swings an arm around me. “I’m not sorry for what you did Clint. Now I have a best friend.”

“Aww!” I grin.

Charles frowns. “Bart have a crush?”

He grimaces. “She’s too young for me.” We all burst out laughing.

“I remember you saying something about your sister? And why the hell were you out at 1:30 in the morning?” Henry asks.

I groan. “My twin wanted to do some sisterly bonding and decided to go to a club, like around midnight. She ditched me when she was drunk and went off with some boy, so I was stuck walking home alone. She still acts like she’s a teen, which is really annoying.”

“Where’s your parents?” Edward asks.

“Somewhere in the middle of Rome.” I reply casually.

“Why?”

“Because they like ditching too and wanted to move to Rome, leaving me and my sister in the dust. They thought just because we were 20 and in college, they could pack up and not even telling us were they went. All they left was a note saying: moved to Rome. Bastards.” I mutter, glaring at the wall.

Bart pulls me into a hug. “We know how you feel.”

“You do?” I ask but it’s muffled because my face is in his shoulder.

“Yep. Our parents-”

“Bart! Can you come help me in the kitchen? I think Nora wants some coffee!” Clinton jumps up, glaring at his brother.

He sighs. “Tell you later.” He whispers in my ear before walking into the kitchen.

I try to shake off the horrible feeling in my gut because of my parents by playing with my fingers. Leaving your kids all alone, with no other family besides your sister. What kind of human does that? And doesn’t give you a phone number, email, or address. They even deleted their Facebook’s so I couldn’t contact them! My parents are bastards. Selfish, useless, bastards. And I don’t feel guilty for saying that about them.

When I finally look up, all I see is Charles staring intently at me, and I didn’t even notice he was moving closer to me. He quickly moves back, looking at everything but me. What the hell was that?

“What the hell?”

His gaze finally snaps back to me, looking nervous and some other emotion I don’t know. “What?”

“You just…” I sigh and close my eyes. “Nevermind.” Sliding down in my seat, my eyes still closed, I sigh again. “When can I go home?”

I hear Charles growl, and my eyes dart open. There, standing, is a very pissed off Charles. What did I say? “Is that all you ever think about? Can I go home now? When can I go home? Do you really hate us that bad?”

This gets me angry and I stand up. “No! I don’t hate any of you! I just miss my home! Is that a crime? Put yourself in my shoes! I’m kidnapped by five vampire brothers, which by the way is a huge shock to me which is still settling in, and I can’t leave or talk to my sister, or I die! And this is just because you cant erase my mind!” At that, his face softens a little, while I still give him the hardest glare I can.

“You got some balls to stand up to a vampire like that.” He says quietly, not in a threatening way though. More like he’s shocked.

“If you haven’t noticed by now, I like to voice my opinion.” I growl, stepping past him and going back up to my room.

First he doesn’t even talk to me, then he goes all ape shit on me. What is wrong with him? PMS maybe? That’s the only answer I can come up with, along with he’s got a rock in his shoe. Maybe both?

Boys are confusing, but vampire boys are another level of confusing.