Chaper *8* (the humorless joke)

*****Thanks to PJay13 for the cover:)*****

-----Anabelle's P.O.V------

              Its been 3 days since Jace's father passed away and its been 3 days I haven't seen Jace. I felt helpless in this situation, I texted, called but he told me he need to be alone for a while. There wasn't much I could do to 'bump' into him anyways, I talked to his Aunt Karen , who is taking care of Margret in this really hard time for her, and says Jace hasn't come out of his room and when he does he leaves the house and spends hours and hours out. I'm really worried about him but I guess this is the grieving process.

"Beep, beep, beep" I hear Dylan's car honking for me to take me to school. I run downstairs and see my mom in the kitchen.

"Bye mom, Dylan's outside waiting for me to go to school." I say while opening the door.

"Don't forget that your father and I are leaving for a business meeting in Venice tomorrow we aren't going to be back for 3 weeks okay? I'll tell you more when you get home." she said taking a sip of her Starbucks coffee. My mom was in her mid- thirties, had brown locks and brown eyes. She was very thin also. My parents were always of in different places around the world either it was business, there charities or vacation but they were always gone.

"Okay." I said as I shut the front door and walked over to Dylan's car.

"Hey Dyl"

"Hey Bells for once we are not be hide on schedule so lets get some coffee on the way there."

"Sounds like a plan." I gave him a smile and realized that we are 20min ahead of time instead of the other way around like usual. He drives off and I hear his car roaring and relax.

We decide since Star-buck is like two blocks from our school to sit down inside and drink our coffee there instead of drive- Thru.

We ordered our coffee's and sat on the comfortable sofas next to each other, and sipped our hot coffees, I felt bliss full.

Dylan faced me and asked, "Have you talked to Jace lately?"

I felt like the bliss i had five seconds ago vanished completely as I realised that my boyfriend was hurting and wanted alone time but i couldn't do anything about it. I missed him over these last few days. Dylan must have seen the dramatic change in mood i had and quickly added, " I'm sorry Bells, we dont need to talk about it."

I didn't want Dylan to feel bad so I said, "No, it not your fault it's just that.... I wonder why I can't be with him while all of this is happening? I feel like I'm being pushed out of his life , like he doesn't want me with him and i want to support him." I set my coffee down on the table and just stare at my hands for a while thinking, I have been avoiding to think a lot because very stupid things pop into my head and try to make me believe it. 

What is he doesn't want me anymore? What if he blames that his fathers death on me, if it werent for me Jace would have been at his house and maybe could have done something to pervent everythinng thats happening right now? I feel like a horrible person, I felt my eyes begin to water. I will not cry. I will not cry. I will not cry. I said over and over in my head but the tears went flowing down my face regardless of my chanting. 

Dylan set down his coffee next to mine and brought me into a hug. I hugged him back and restest my head on his chest while crying.

" Bells, I don't think he doesn't like you anymore I think he just needs some time to cope his fathers death." Dylan whispered into my hair.  I nodded but still stayed in his embrace.

After we finished our coffee's we drove back to school in silence but it wasn't  a long ride to get there it was like 8 minutes. We pulled into the student parking lot at the school and got out of the car. I checked the time and saw we were just on time which was unusual.

Jace hasn't been coming to school for the past three days but no one expected him to. School wasn't the same with out Jace but everyday  first period I would sit in my usual seat and always keep looking hopefully toward the door to see if he would enter ,but when the late bell rang and I saw that he didn't come the hope would be replaced with sorrow, disappointment and longing.

Dylan and I walked to our lockers, mine was 375, Jace's was 376 and Dylan's was 378. I got pre.cal book out and shut my locker.

"Do you remember if we have the test today in 4th period?" Dylan asked me while walking to first together, our classes were right next to each other.

"No, we don't it was rescheduled for Monday." i responded.

We contuned walking while Dylan was going on and on about a football game from the previous night. I just nodded and agreed but wasn't really paying attention and i guess he believe me because he kept talking. I looked at the people crowding the hallway everyone in there own little world. Some looked cheerfull, perky, happy while others look gloomy, mad , anixous or angry.

As the people began to go in to there classrooms ,because the bell was about to ring, the hall way was becoming empty and that when I saw it. A  flicker of his golden blond hair. I walked towards him passing my class. "Anabelle, where are you goi- " but I didnt hear the rest of what dylan said, my head blocked it out. I could feel as my heart was racing, begining to diging its way out of my chest. More people leave as the bell rings and I stop now I see him clearly. He about ten feet away from me, facing me. He's wearing a dark grey hoodie that said 'New York' in white letters in front, which made his pale blue eyes look like a ocean blue. He had on black levis and his black and white vans. His golden blond hair was a 'fixed' messy but he looked stunning it was Jace, my Jace. I ran torwards him dropping my backpack on the floor. My heart beats 100 times faster the closer I get to him. The look in his eyes are sad but he still has a smile on his face. I hug him and he hugs me back both of us embracing each other so tight we could become one.

 I could feel his heart beat as fast as mine through our clothes. His arms were wrapped around my waist and my arms around his neck. He held me really strong, Jace was tall so I was on my tippy toes. I was still trying to catch my breath, but everything was 100x better than it was five mintues ago my life is complete. My face was buried into Jace's neck where I breathed him in. Jace's scent was so unique, he smelled like nature/out-doors-y smell mixed with just Jace which I loved.

"I missed you." I whispered into his neck.

Jace picked me up so I was straddling him. Now I was facing him and the sorrow that was there a few moments ago vanished and now there was more happiness. His lips collided with mine making my stomach drop and heart race. "I missed you too." he said between kisses. These kisses fierce and passionate more needing.He pushes me up against the locker, which by the way kinda hurt but I push that to the back of my mind because I'm with Jace right now. His tongue brushes my bottom lip permission, I open my mouth slightly. His sweet tongue lingires with mine and electricity sparkes through me every time they touch. He put me down so I was on my feet again now everything came back. We are at a school we can do that here. If a teacher saw us we would probably get detention and that's the last thing Jace needs right now. We were both trying to catch out breath from kissing.

"Let's leave I don't really feel like putting up with school today. Be sides we need to talk." His face was serious now, and I didn't like how that last part sounded but What else could I do I missed him so much I would do anything to at least spend a little time together. I just nodded and followed him. Hopefully this isn't what I think It is but I wouldn't blame him if it is.

***********

Do you guys thinK Jace will break up with Anabelle? comment:)

-A