Chapter 40

Uploaded on: 26-Jan 2016

I tried the door handle on the building banging my shoulder on it to make it budge. It made a loud creaking sound, I winced holding my breath hoping that Tiffany was far away enough not to of heard me.

It looked like an empty barn. There were hay littered around the large room.

At the end of the building was two large oak doors that were open showing me the darkness of the night. I began to look around for a suitable place to hide. I knew it was not wise being so out in the open like this.

I started to walk at a quick pace to the double door entrance hoping to see if there were any more buildings around the place.

"There you are!" Tiffany grinned pointing the gun in my face. "You run kinds of quick for a pregnant woman."

I held my hands up in the air by my face stepping back towards the barn.

"You don't have to do this Thomas." I said to her or him. "We were friends during high school."

I thought to try and reason with her. I still don't understand what killing me would achieve. The twins will not love her just because I am out of the way.

"I am not Thomas!" She screamed firing the gun. "My name is Tiffany."

I jumped feeling the bullet wiz pass the side of me. A little bit of pee trickled out of me. I should of had a piss when Louise advised me too.

"Tiffany..." I said her name slowly trying to slow down the speed of my heart. "I am sorry to of said that." I took a small step backwards hoping that the twins show up soon. "I just wanted to show you how we known each other for years."

Tiffany scoffed at my reasoning. "You don't know me fat tash. You never did. Max and Marcus know me. They understood me. They paid for me to have the surgery that I desperately needed. They gave me this new identity. This new job. A place to live. I owe them everything. And I will give them everything." She raised the gun pointing it directly at my face. "But I need you gone."

"If we are your everything then why are you trying to kill our wife." Marcus announced from the door. "We trusted you."

The gun began shake in her hands. "This is not what it looks like."

I let out a sigh of relief when I saw the two men in my life stand side by side ready to save me from this torment.

"It looks like your are pointing a gun at my wife." Max looked deadly in that moment. "Drop the gun Thomas and we can all forget about this matter."

The gun wavered in her hand. "You called me Thomas. You never called me Thomas!" She swallowed raising the gun back into my line of vision. "You're mad at me."

Max and Marcus pulled out a gun each to point it at Tiffany. The tension in the barn rose up a notch.

"You're gonna shoot me for her?" Tiffany voice sounds hurt at the thought that the twins would shoot her. "You guys love me." She used her free hand to point to her chest.

Max shrugged his shoulders. "We love Natasha and our babies."

"No!" Tiffany screamed stamping her foot. "You don't fucking love her."

Marcus gripped his hand tightly on the gun anticipating Tiffany next move. I shook my head at him. Any minute now she is set to blow my head off.

Jackson and Justin came running from around the side of the barn stopping in mid run to take in the scene around them.

"Don't." Justin held up his hands using his fingers to point to Tiffany. "She is not worth it brother."

Jackson came to stand in line with Tiffany blocking Marcus angle shoot of her.