Chapter 29

A/N

Sorry for the youngster that are reading this book as I am an old person and you probably won't understand half the artists from back a day! When music was actually good lol or Cheesy.

Uploaded on 21-12-2015

I took a couple of steps straight into the gym room. It was decorated with a white wonderland theme. Couples were everywhere bringing me back to prom night that was just decorated like this. A lot of people looked over to us noticing that we entered the room together.

I knew word has already spread about my unusual relationship with the twins. I would be gossiping about it too if it wasn't me.

Max still held my hand leading me over to the table that housed fruit punch and other drinks. He picked up a red cup filling it up with a carton of Apple juice.

"Thanks." I let go of Marcus hand to take a sip of my drink. The twins then helped themselves to a drink.

I stood by the side of the table observing the people in the room chatting in their groups. I recognised a couple of people from the Barbeque, others were glancing every so often in my direction.

"Are you okay?" Max placed a kiss on my lips then looked towards the spectators that was our senior class and their guests.

"I am fine." I took a deep breath. They cannot hurt me anymore. No matter how many times I tell myself that I still feel the butterflies in my stomach of the feeling of dread. "Why don't you go and speak with your old football buddies?" I told him pointing over to a group of guys that were waving him over. One of them was wearing their old football jacket, talk about vintage.

Max laughed raising his red cup up to them across the room. They cheered pounding each other on the back then taking large gulps.

Jocks.... I shook my head at their antics. Some people just don't grow up or that they hit their heads too many times on the football field and now are suffering the results.

"I spoke to them last night." Max put an arm around my waist. "I rather spend tonight with you."

I went giddy at his words. I could tell that he spoke them from his heart. "I am fine...." I stressed the word with a smile. "Really I am. I don't want you to miss out just because I am here."

Max just gave me a look then his attention was drawn across the room to a shaken looking Chelsea walking into the room with her husband. The other ex-cheerleaders hovered around her like mother hens. Walking her to a seat. Chelsea had her hand on the back of her head. From the whispering that I could hear she fell and hit her head cause she was wearing ridiculous high heel shoes.

Some girls will do anything to look good. I remember in winter I still see those girls wearing miniskirts when there is snow outside. Makes no sense at all. I saw Diane by the side a smile playing on her lips obviously happy that Chelsea has come to some degree of harm. Here I thinking that they were B.F.F for live.

I turned my attention away from her and her crowd to start nod to N'Sync. Oh my goodness I have not heard this music in years.

Bye, bye, bye I took my hand out doing the dance routine. I am such a nineties child.

I saw some people on the dance floor trying and failing to remember the moves of the five piece band. I laughed seeing Chardonnay dancing with Cole who appears to be very touching feely. She is not saying bye, bye, bye to him.

It's just another player in this game for two. I felt my legs moving along to the track. You may hate me but it ain't no lie. Baby bye, bye, bye.