Chapter 41

Uploaded on 28/01/2016

"She is going to be alright." I heard Marcus say. "She has to be brother. I can't survive without her."

"Who you talking about?" I asked opening my eyes then closing it back again when the light went straight to my brain.

I squinted seeing Max get up walking to dim the lights in the room.

Marcus was sitting beside me gripping my hand tightly. It was then that I noticed I was in a hospital bed tied up to many monitors.

Max came to sit on my other side picking up my hand to bring it to his lips placing a kiss in my palm.

"What happened?" I asked them, Marcus looked visible upset his eyes looked misty like he was crying. I never seen him cry. He always has been this alpha male. Invincible to others, he was like my superman.

"You were bleeding..." Max began.

"Bleeding!" I gasped my hands detaching away from them to feel my tummy. Seeking out my babies. "Are they okay?" I asked looking at them.

Marcus nodded, smiled even. "It was touch and go when we got to the hospital. The boys were in distress from the trauma you been through. The doctors thought it best to keep you under induced coma for a week as you had a concussion to the brain."

"Boys?" I said softly ignoring all the other relevant information that he told me. "I am having boys?"

Marcus nodded. "Twin boys." He confirmed kissing my stomach. I saw a little foot come press from inside my tummy to kick him on the cheek. He poked my stomach back. "That one there I bet is my son"

Max rubbed up and down my arm. "How are you feeling babe." He asked me.

I took a moment to think over how I am feeling. I am not in pain, I am grateful that my children are not hurt because of that bitch Tiffany.

"Tiffany!"  I shouted out alarmed. "She wanted to kill me."

Marcus face changed from playful to deadly in an instant. He sat back down in the chair pulling my hand back into his grip.

"She cannot hurt you no more." Marcus swore. "Fucking bitch I swear we didn't know it that he was capable of this. We felt sorry for all the bullying that happened to him in high school so when we made our first fortune we offered him surgery. We didn't know that we were playing into his fantasy."

I nodded. "You should have told me from the get go who she was. Making me believe that she was my friend."

Max squeezed my hand. "We thought about it. But decided against it. Thomas wanted a fresh start with no one to judge him. We spoke to him about being close to you. He wanted you to be his friend as Tiffany not Thomas. It made sense at the time. You didn't need to know his past as it was not relevant."

I snorted. "Well if I known maybe all this would not have happened." I gestured around the room. "Maybe I could of seen the small signs. Too bad his dead I wanted to ask him why. Why kill Louise?"

Why did he want to kill me. Why didn't he confess who he was sooner.

The twins shared a look, I knew they were hiding something from me.

"Babe." Max began.

"She's awake." Mum said loudly walking into the room followed by dad and Hanna. "How are you?" She placed a kiss on my forehead looking intently at Marcus waiting for him to get up and move so that she could sit down.

Marcus looked grumpy getting up with Max to walk out the room to returned with three plastic chairs so everyone could have a seat around my bedside.