Chapter Six

Uploaded on 06-09-2015

I took a couple of steps backwards till I felt the cold steel of my car against my back.

I was surrounded by two very angry men. I haven't seen them this mad since college when a guy I was dating was trying to push me into something more.

"You had sex last night?" Marcus asked his hand coming to cup my face. "Is that the real reason your late?"

I looked to Max trying to force myself to forget about the tingles that are coming from my cheek. Max looked even more formidable, his laughing blue eyes held nothing but ice.

"What does my personal life have to do with you?" I pushed Marcus hand away from me. Forcing myself to stand up firm against them. I need to stop letting them bully me. I'm almost twenty seven, a strong ass woman.

I heard Max draw a strong intake of breath. "So it is true." He fisted his hand to punch through my car window.

"Max!" I screamed seeing the glass cut through his hand. He ignored me to start kicking at my door.

"Brother!" Marcus pulled me away from my battered to car to physically restrain Max, holding his arms down by his sides. His suit jacket straining with the power to control his brother.

"Let me go." Max tilted his head backward to try and but his brother. "This is your fault. You convince me to wait! Said she wasn't ready!"

Max spun around breaking free of Marcus hold to deliver a punch to his left cheek.

Marcus staggered back his hand coming up to touch his face. His eyes darkened even further. Then he raised his fists in a boxers stance.

"Come on then." He grinned taunting Max.

I gasped raising my hand to my lips. I don't understand them. Why are they fighting? I have never seen them fight. Max threw another punch but Marcus blocked it counter acting it with a sucker punch to his gut. Doing his maneuvers from highschool when he was on the boxing team.

I took a step back and then another before I knew it i was running straight to my office that I shared with them. I sat down then rang security to go to the basement.

A thought occurred to me about the twins behavior. Maybe they never bullied me. They always treated me with respect. Like big brothers. Back in high school I remember them beating up a jock that made me cry by calling me fat Tash. At the time Max was dating a cheerleader and we all know she was getting it on with the jock so I assume it was because of that. Have I been wrong all this time?

I picked up the phone to dial Andrea, one person that can clear all these things up. The twins mother, my godmother.

"Hi Andrea. How are you?" I greeted after she answered on the third ring.

"Natasha?" She yelped. "Oh my. You took your time in calling me back!"

"Sorry Andrea. You know how hectic it is working here." I pressed my lips together tightly. I could of called her a lot sooner.

"Nonsense. It been two months. I am surely disappointed in you." She chasten me over the phone. "Where are my sons? How are they treating you?"

"I just had to call security. They began fighting in the car park." I told her.

She let out a gasp on the phone."My boys never fight each other. What got into them?"

I shook my head even though she couldn't see. "I don't know. They have been acting more strange lately. I can't do anything. They are soo protective."