Chapter 35

I wake up to a slow and steady heart beat against my ear. A hand gently strokes my hair. I open my eyes and see the familiar red love seat. I stretch out like a cat then turn to see who is holding me. A pair of tender light blue eyes gently gaze down at me. Saryia smiles and strokes my cheek.

"Hello Sleeping Beauty." I smile and stretch some more.

"Hi Princess Charming." Saryia giggles as she leans down to kiss me. I met her in the middle kissing her sweet soft lips. She held me tighter in her loving embrace, yet she did it carefully. We pull away staring into eachother's eyes.

"Am I going to be okay?" Saryia nods stroking my cheek. She sighs and pulls me into her lap. I put my head on her chest.

"Get the doctor please." The maid standing in the corner bows her head then leaves the room. Saryia's chin rest on my head, her hands gently around my waist.

"Where is Jamie?" I look into Saryia's eyes. A flicker of anger shows in her eyes. She sighs and looks back in my eyes.

"Alive... Mercy is probably chewing her out about what happen last week." I look back into her eyes in shock.

"Last week? What is today?"

"Wednesday." My eyes widen. I've been out for five days. She holds me close to her chest, rocking me gently.

"I was so afraid after you knocked out. I thought Jamie had killed you with her crazy experiment." I nuzzle Saryia's neck inhaling her scent. She sighed then clears her throat.

"I've never been so scared in my life." I look in her eyes. The fear was real when I look in them. She told me before even though I am immortal I can still die. The only way I can die though is if something stops my heart, I guess my heart slowed down while I was out. I still didn't understand her fear.

"You weren't scared when they hanged you?" Saryia licks her lips then looks at me. She strokes my cheek again.

"I was afraid, looking out at all the faces, some happy others sad. Watching those men put the rope around my neck tightening it. Jamie was on my right, an old lady to my left. Jamie cried so did Mercy. I reached out my hand to grab Jamie's. I ask the man to tie our hands together, he did it. Then they pushed us off the scaffold together, and we even died at the same time." Saryia gulps as she clutches at her neck.

"I was afraid, but loosing you is a lot worse than dying. If you die, then I might as well die with you." A tear falls from her eye. I wipe it away with my thumb. I kiss her lips passionately. She wraps her strong soft arms around me.

"I won't do anything stupid. I promise." She looks into my eyes. She smiles before our lips touch again. Saryia embraces me tighter, I do the same. We loose ourselves in the kiss. The intimacy and passion fuels us. After we part someone knocks on the door. A tall man with I guess handsome features. His soul piercing eyes look right at Saryia and I. He bows his head before coming near us.

"Hello my lady, I am Mr. Youth. Nice to meet you." Saryia gets out the bed and sits on the love seat. I get on the edge of the bed. Mr. Youth gives me an examination that takes a few minuets. He nods and looks back at Saryia.

"She is in perfect shape, but I'm not sure about her wolf though." Doctor said what? What the hell he talking bout?! He sees the look in my eye and patted my shoulder.

"The silver running through your bloodstream caused you to blackout that night, so I don't know but it is a possible chance that your wolf might have taken some damage."

"How much damage?" I ask. My voice cracks. I hope nothing is wrong with my wolf.

"Nothing that won't wear off." He smiles then thinks, "Try talking to her before we go any further." I look at Saryia. She nods in agreement. I shut my eyes and look for my wolf.