Chapter 6

Yippee! I got to chapter 6! I didn't think I would get this far... By the way, I might be putting up another story, so be on the look out!

Disclaimer: Gosh darn it! I thought for sure I'd get it! *Grumbles* Anyways, don't own TFs only my Ocs.

THISISTHESTUPIDLINETHATSEPERATESTHESTUPIDAUTHORSNOTEFROMTHESTUPIDSTORY

Chapter 6

"She what?!" June screeched through the phone.

Jack winced. "Yes, she fainted. I was hoping you could come pick her up and think of a cover story for her parents, seeing as how you guys are friends."

June sighed. "I suppose that would work. Just promise me not to do this again!"

"Alright, I promise. Thanks mom!"

"Love you." June hung up. Turning back to Kitten's parents, she thought for a moment before coming up with a plan. The two were bickering about where to put the couch. "Bev? Denny? I have something to tell you." The two quieted and she continued. "Apparently, Jack took her out for a ride on his motorcycle and they were hanging out for to long in the heat. Kitten passed out. From what Jack said, it sounds like dehydration. I'm going to pick her up and bring her home."

"Oh, thanks Juney!" Beverly said gratefully. "Now then, where were we?" June left just as they started up again to pick her up. He better be grateful...

>>>><<<<

That morning....

Kitten cringed as she slowly slipped back into consciousness. Her head was pounding and her back was somewhat sore. Light was filtering in through the open curtains. Groaning, she turned away, pulling the blanket up over her head. She let out a contented sigh as she slowly relaxed, nearly falling asleep again when a knocking was heard from her door. "Go away!" she yelled groggily, whining.

"Uh, Kitten? It uh... It's me." Someone called through the door. I know that voice... Jack! Realization hit and she bolted up, throwing her covers off and slinging her feet over the side. She attempted to stand, but fell not so gracefully on her face with a loud THUD! Groaning, she stood up and, rubbing her nose, she walked over to the door and pulled it open.

Standing there was Jack, looking rather out of place. And was it her imagination, or did his face light up when she stepped out? "Uh... hey." Jack smiled.

Kitten blushed a bit and smiled shyly. "Hi." she returned quietly.

"So uh... How you feeling?" He asked.

"Oh... I'm feeling much better... Well, I mean aside from my head and my nose." she added.

"Your nose?" he asked, looking confused.

"Yeah. The floor decided to say good morning to me."

There was a moment of utter silence and staring before the two burst out laughing. Kitten had to use Jack as a support so she wouldn't fall over. Kitten couldn't remember the last time she had really laughed, especially with another like this.

"Oh, I gotta remember that one!" Jack said as he calmed down. Kitten calmed as well, wiping away a tear. The two of them sighed simultaneously, causing them to start laughing all over again.

"I-I can't... R-remember ever laugh-laughing like this." Kitten managed after the laughing died down. "Hey! Laughter really is the best medicine!"

Jack looked over at her, an amused yet confused look on his face. "What?" He asked breathlessly.

"My head aches gone!" she exclaimed. Jack shook his head at her.

"You really have to be the weirdest girl I've ever met." he stated.

"Aww, Jack! Thank you! You're to sweet!" she beamed sarcastically. 

"Ow... Don't make me laugh... It hurts..." Jack chuckled painfully, rubbing his side. She muttered a quick 'sorry' and the two lapped into a companionable silence. After a bit, Jack cleared his throat. "Lunch is ready. That was why I came up here."

Kitten sharply looked up at him. "I thought you said you came up here to check on me?"

Jack's eyes widened as he realized his slip up. "Uh, well, no! Uh, I mean- Kitten wait!" But it was to late. Kitten had already turned on her heels and was marching down the stairs in an angry silence. "Uh! I-I didn't mean-!" she turned the corner to the kitchen and disappeared. Jack groaned and banged his head against the wall in front of him.  "Stupid!"

>>>><<<<

Seth watched his sister munch almost violently on her sandwich. Almost so violently that he felt sorry for it. She had her eyes closed in an angry way, all signals that she was miffed. Her watched her grumble incoherently as she tore apart the sand which. "Jeez, Kit! What did the sand which ever do to you?! Gah! It may be a sand which but it has feelings to!"

Kitten sent him the kind of death glare that would make the Roman empire fall to its knees. As it was, Seth feared for his safety. His sister continued to rip apart her sand which, keeping up the glare every time he opened his mouth to do anything other than eat or drink.

Finally, she finished and declared, "'M going on a walk. Any objections?" she looked around the rather silent room. Hearing nothing, she got up and walked out side.

>>>><<<<

Kitten sighed as she sat on the rocky cliff out in the middle of no where. She was far out in the desert, away from the town, and overlooking a small stream. From where the cliff was positioned, she had a non obscured view of the sunset. A light breeze stirred the dust around her, some free strands of hair blowing by her face. She brushed them back behind her ear.

I love this. The sunset is so beautiful and calming. Kitten lay back on the dusty top, staring up at the clouds. She closed her eyes and pictured Texas. Sure, it was pretty, but it couldn't even begin to compare to here. So serene, and wonderful...

She felt a pang hit her heart. Texas. She may like it in Nevada, but she had been born there. Moving was like starting over, but it was starting to catch up on her. She forced her tears back, refusing to cry. Opening her eyes again, she sat up and started to walk again.

She let her mind slowly drift away from her. It drifted right to Jack and, unfortunately, the robots. That's right... I forgot about them... I wonder what the minibot's name is... Or maybe I was hallucinating... As if disagreeing, the back of her head throbbed where she had hit it when she'd passed out. Well, that feels real. She thought, rubbing her head.

All of a sudden, she felt herself laying somewhere, pain shooting through her.

She groaned and opened her eyes to look up. The ridge she'd been walking on was above her, and a few rocks were tumbling down the side. Crap. I must've fallen or slipped. The pushed herself up, wincing at the pain the movement caused. She stood up, wobbling slightly as she leaned against the rock face. Sparing a look down, she realized that she had landed on a small ledge, hundreds of feet above the ground. Gulping, she looked back up. I can climb. She thought, and set about it.

She growled when she slipped the first two times, but after wards she climbed a bit better. Her muscles and new wounds screamed at her to stop, especially when the rocks and dirt pressed into them. She hissed as a rock dug into a particularly bad scrape into her palm, warm blood running down her arm.

After about ten minutes, she'd climbed back up to the ridge and made it to the other side. She scowled at her dirty clothes and winced at her injuries. Those are going to get infected, just watch. She thought miserably, before looking out at the long stretch of desert that lay between her and Jasper. The sun was already setting, and a colder breeze had picked up. She had no mode of transportation and forgot her phone.

Great. She thought miserably as she started to make her way down, hopefully to the town.

It was going to be a long night.

>>>><<<<

Okay, I just wrote this to show what happened to Kitten. I hope you all enjoyed the awkwardness between Kit and Jack. I got a kick out of writing it. Anyways, until next time!