Prologue

Okay, people, here's the deal! I've been planning this book for a long time! I'm one of those weird girls that don't get terrified by horror films or scary books, sooooo I figured I might as well write my own horror book! If I can freak myself out I'm bound to be able to freak some other people out, too. And I'm writing from the murderer’s point of view because the victims POV is  so cliché!

*******

The guards escort me into the court room and even though I know every set of eyes in here are trained on me, I don't register a single pair of them. All of the people that sit in this room now were once a colleague or friend of mine and now they all perch on their high stools waiting for my conviction, reassuring themselves that they are each one of higher quality than I. Don't they know that I was doing what was honorable? Those self-righteous pigs don't realize what a favor I have done for them. My actions may not have been morally clear, but one day they will soon realize I have made each life in here better!

The trial is a blur. I can hear the judge drone on and on over each case of murder that I am to be convicted of. I pay her no mind. Her 'Honor' is just like the rest in this space. Corrupt. She persecutes me for the scrupulous acts that I have performed, but refuses to see her own erroneous ways. I have only a vague awareness of the happenings that are going on in the court room. I am completely consumed by my own consciousness. By the time I give my attention to the judge, she is nearly finished sentencing me.

"Evan Briggs, the jury has found you guilty for the first degree murder of Bowlynn James. You are being sentenced to life in prison," her 'Honor' obnoxiously bellows before ordering the imbecile police pigs to escort me from the court house and to prison. My ears pick up a faint "Court dismissed!" through the heavy, ornamental oak doors just before the press begin to snap photos and badger me for answers on 'Why I did it'. For me, the answer is as lucid as breathing but far too complex for those simple minds of theirs to grasp.

It's all about setting up for the perfect murder, ridding the world of criminal scum, and preparing for the thrill of the kill.

*******

P.S. I know this is short but it’s a prologue! It’s kinda like an appetizer! Sooooo VOTE! COMMENT!! Help me out here! Also, message me to give me ideas.. And I would LOVE it if someone made me a book cover!! :D

I'm also going to try to update ATLEAST once every week. Maybe more if I get some good readers! ;)

xoxo Crysta