Chapter 21

Edward's POV:

I didn't need to hunt. Or maybe, I needed, but not right now! The dark angel was probably too close to my Bella. I needed to be there but the others insisted that I should hunt. Jasper would have thrown me out if I hadn't gone by myself. So I planned to have a quick hunt then go back.

I was shocked when the body disappeared from my bathroom because I already knew what that meant. He was messing with us. He was making a game of it just like James did.

But with James we knew what was the game, with him.. we didn't know the rules. And it was driving me crazy.

I caught the scent of a mountain lion. I easily hunt it down and drank it dry. When I turned around to head back to the house something was blocking my way.

"Tanya?" I growled while she just smirked.

"Finally talking to me Eddie? I knew that witch had a spell on you." She giggled and hugged me. I was about to throw her back when she stepped back by herself. I raised my eyebrows in suprise. I thought I would need to push her away to get her off.

I observed her. Something was off.

"I love him why can't he see that he can be happy again with me?"

Her thoughts didn't give her away. She was thinking about the same thing ever since she showed up with her family. I growled when I thought of them, in particularly when I thought of him. Chase. As soon as I heard his thoughts I wanted to harm him. But the most I could do was to hold his hand a little bit too tightly. I was suprised that the others didn't hear it when I cracked some of his fingers.

"Oh look!" Tanya pointed behind me. I turned around and far away I saw deers. As I looked at them I heard a shuffling noise from behind me. I quickly turned back to her. Her smile was bigger now and to be honset, it creeped me out. "Want to hunt?"

"No thanks, I just finished." I said.

"Are you sure? Your eyes are still dark."

"Just like your personality." I shot back annoyed with her.

She raised her eyebrows but that damn smirk was still on her face. "Tsk tsk Eddie. That was a bad choice of words." Before I could even realise what was happening she pushed me up against a tree. One of her hands was on my chest, the other one was on my face. She leaned in to probably kiss me and that was the final straw for me.

I grabbed her arms and threw her against a tree. It broke in half but she fell down unharmed. Sometimes it was really annoying that vampires didn't get hurt easily.

"What the hell?! There is dirt in my hair thanks to you!" She said and she tried to get out the twigs and leaves from her hair hysterically.

"Don't try to kiss me!" I snapped and her eyes darkened with rage.

"Why not?! She is gone Eddie! Both of them." Her last statement froze me.

"What do you mean both of them?" I asked.

She shrugged. "Well Bella is dead and Isa is away with Chase right now." What?

"That's not true! She would never be with him! She doesn't want to be with him!"

"It doesn't matter, because Chase wants her and he will do anything to get her. So we made a deal. He will get Bella and I will get you. See? Everyone wins!" She cheered.

"You did what?!" I grolwed and pushed past of her. I started to run back to the house hopping to reach Bella before Chase did.

But when I arrived all I saw was her phone on the ground. Just when I picked it up, I heard Alice.

"She came out becasue someone called her. We didn't know who was it but she sounded pretty upset by it. Then we saw her leave with Chase. I knew that something was wrong but I decided to wait till you arrive." She rushed it out with one breath.

I looked at the phone in my hands and an idea hit me. I quickly turned it on and looked up who was the last one she talked to.

For a moment I swear my brain shut down when I saw who had called her. ME?! What the fuck?! I looked for my phone in my pockets where I remembered that I put it. But it wasn't there. Then suddenly it clicked.

When Tanya hugged me. She must stole my phone without me noticing it. Then when I looked away.. she must gave it to Chase or something like that. That was the noise what I heard.

They called her and somehow got her to leave with Chase. He had her. Rage took over my body and I growled so fiercely that Alice shuddered next to me.

I started to take deep breaths. Trying to locate her scent. When I finally got it I ran off.

"If I am not back after 30 minutes come after me!" I shouted back to Alice as I speeded up.

My chest tightened when I realised where I was heading. The baseball field.

This is what will happen to her if you don't come and meet me on the clearing, alone.

It seemed like it wasn't just Tanya's and Chase's plan to get us separately.

I stopped at the side of the clearing. They didn't notice me. A cold feeling settled on me as my eyes locked on the dark angel. He was looking annoyed, bored and excited at the same time and he was looking something or someone.

I followed his gaze and my eyes found... Tanya?! What the hell?! She was crouching before Bella, she was baring her teeth at her.

"Go ahead but hurry up." The dark angel said and it was like he pushed a button on Tanya because she let out of her crouch and charged at Bella.

I saw in Bella's eyes that she didn't want to harm her even after what she had done. She didn't want to hurt someone who didn't know what was exactly going on. But Tanya attacked Bella and that was enough for me to want her dead.

Without a second thought I jumped between them and before Tanya reached Bella I pushed her back. As I was turning to Bella my eyes locked with the dark angel's.

He was ready to fight for his life.

I looked at Bella then back to him.

Good thing that I was too.

■■■■■

It's almost over! :((

Thanks for reading it and sorry for the grammar mistakes. I hope you liked it.